Real Estate Underwriter - Remote Position - Virginia Residents Only!!
Requisition ID: 1136
APPLY DIRECTLY: www/s3cuso.com
This position will be responsible for examining, evaluating and underwriting all 1st mortgage applications in order to assess the risk, confirm compliance with guidelines and all regulatory requirements and to render a credit decision.
The Real Estate Underwriter will have the authority to approve/deny/counter-offer mortgage loans along with the ability to recommend policy exceptions to Management. This position will be responsible for the review of specific agency AUS application findings and recommend loan decisions that differ from those findings to Management for consideration.
S3 has a commitment to excellence and the highest standards of member service. Our values and beliefs are critical to the success and growth of the business and they were all created with a unique cultural foundation.
- Underwrite conventional and non-conforming loans to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations, as well as underwriting guidelines for FNMA, FHLMC, MI companies and other Investors
- Underwrite and evaluate the risk on all residential loans applications daily in accordance with established service and production levels in order to render a prudent lending decision
- Perform a careful in depth examination of the appraisal report and collateral for the loan to determine acceptability of the collateral.
- Order and obtain Mortgage Insurance approval and certificates in accordance with MI guidelines
- Additional job-related projects as assigned by management
- Work in collaboration and partnership with other team members
- Degree required with a concentration in business or finance or equivalent work experience
- A minimum 3 years of experience utilizing DU and LP automated underwriting experience with demonstrated working knowledge of FNMA, FHLMC, and industry guidelines and best practices
- Strong knowledge of State and Federal laws pertaining to the mortgage banking industry (i.e. RESPA, TILA, ECOA, etc.)
- Strong working knowledge of CO-OP and Condo guidelines and eligibility
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Ability to analyze and comprehend tax returns for all self-employed persons
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, are necessary
- Excellent customer service skills with a high attention to detail
- Prioritize workload based on department requirements and customer needs
- Strong analytical skills required with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed
- Ability to multi-task in other areas of the unit
- Aptitude to work independently as well as part of a team
- Positive attitude and team-oriented
- Ability to function in changing environment
S3 implements and supports collaborative business solutions for our partner credit unions in the areas of Deposit Operations, Real Estate Lending, Consumer Lending, Collections, and Call Center Operations. Striving for excellence in everything we do, our goal is to deliver high-quality, cost-effective services to our credit union partners so they can invest in the futures of their organizations and most importantly, their members.
S3 Shared Service Solutions, LLC
Why Work Here?The S3 corporate office is located in the Baltimore/Washington corridor, S3 Shared Service Solutions, LLC is a credit union service organization (CUSO) that is guided by a relentless focus to meet and exceed the expectations of the credit unions we serve. As a solutions-based operations support provider, our client base is comprised of leading financial institutions with combined assets in excess of $18 billion with over 900,000 members. S3 implements and supports collaborative business solutions for our partner credit unions in the areas of Deposit Operations, Real Estate Lending, Consumer Lending, Collections, and Call Center Operations. Striving for excellence in everything we do, our goal is to deliver high-quality, cost-effective services to our credit union partners so they can invest in the futures of their organizations and most importantly, their members.
Growing company, great teams, opportunities to advance!