Member Service Representative (Competitive rate plus incentives)
APPLY DIRECTLY by visiting our website: www.s3cuso.com - click on current openings - Member Service Representative
The Service Representative will respond to member inquires via telephone regarding membership, banking products, services and rates while providing friendly, accurate and speedy service. He/she will also resolve member issues timely and thoroughly, seeking to exceed member expectations on every call. The position will utilize knowledge of products, data systems and web based applications to provide information and remedy member service issues.
Higher level responsibilities will also include the following: Responding to online banking and bill payment inquiries; troubleshoot connectivity issues for online banking and bill payment; resolve ID/password access issues; prepare professionally written responses to email inquiries, ensuring that the member’s response is completed within established timeframes; research and resolve member bill payment issues within service level agreement standards. We will also partner with business partners to resolve member disputes and educate members about bill payment functionality for future use. Service Representatives will also be expected to complete all required compliance documentation for wire transfer requests in order to minimize potential fraud. Successful representatives may also be asked to act in a mentor capacity for newly hired representatives.
S3 has a commitment to excellence and the highest standards of member service. Our values and beliefs are critical to the success and growth of the business and they were all created with a unique cultural foundation.
- Respond to member and potential member phone inquiries on membership, products and services.
- Navigate system applications as needed to resolve inquiries.
- Provide timely, friendly, and accurate service in building member relationships; determine member eligibility; provide guidance to members in order to meet their financial needs.
- Accurately verify, document, and process all member transactions.
- Prioritize workload based on mandatory requirements and member service level agreements.
- Safeguard member accounts and information for privacy and accuracy.
- Resolve complaints by communicating with other departments and/or partners as needed.
- Provide extraordinary service by resolving problems thoroughly.
- Perform and process account maintenance, fulfillment requests, research requests, etc.
- Work in collaboration with other team members
- Recognize and escalate issues.
- Email Inquiries: respond to, resolve and troubleshoot members’ questions /issues. Adhere to response time and quality goals.
- Bill Payment: research and resolve complex payment issues. Interact with vendors, payees and members to research issues. Uncover root cause of problems, correct accounts and communicate actions taken to members. Educate members on proper use of service.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 2 years of Financial Institution or Customer Service experience.
- College degree preferred or relevant work experience may be considered.
- Basic computer knowledge in Microsoft environment and internet.
- Strong analytical skills with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Ability to adhere to a pre-determined schedule
- Positive attitude and team-oriented.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a multi-tasking environment.
- Demonstrate member service skills.
- Working knowledge of online banking systems and bill payment service.
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills that potentially lead to process improvement