Please note: This role is based in Linthicum, MD!
Manager, Default Management
Full Time Exempt
Default Management, Linthicum, MD, US
Requisition ID: 1186
APPLY DIRECTLY AT: www.s3cuso.com - Click on - Manager, Default Management
This position will be responsible for leading teams within the Default Management Department. The Manager, Default Management, is responsible for training, mentoring and coaching staff to achieve departmental goals of maximizing efficiencies, minimizing partner credit union delinquency and charge offs, and maximizing recoveries. The Manager must provide a strong focus on quality and accuracy in order to enhance the member experience.
S3 has a commitment to excellence and the highest standards of member service. Our values and beliefs are critical to the success and growth of the business and were created with a unique cultural foundation.
- Training, management, and development of Default Management team members
- Adherence to and understanding of all departmental, company, and compliance policies
- Strategically driving performance to meet department and Credit Union goals
- Manage all activates relating to the bankruptcy filing process of credit union members, to include, but not limited to: Notice processing, Relief from Stay filings, Proof of Claim filings, member and attorney discussions, daily, weekly and monthly reporting to the credit union(s), etc.
- Manage Media Files submission to ensure requests are completed in a timely manner
- Maintain quality control and ensure attainment of department service levels
- Assist and support other areas of the Default Management department as needed (Collections, Loss Mitigation, Repo, Foreclosure, Admin)
- Develop collaborative, effective, and efficient culture
- Other duties as assigned
- BA/BS in Business or a related field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in financial industry specifically within Default Management and Loss Mitigation
- Knowledge and understanding of Bankruptcy Laws
- Proven leadership and project management skills
- Ability to effectively recruit, motivate, coach, engage and empower staff
- Demonstrated success in fostering open communication and active listening within the department and other lines of business
- Ability to manage outsourced servicing relationships
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and a variety of other software
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent customer service skills with strong attention to detail
- Strong time management skills and the ability to prioritize workload based on department SLA’s and member needs
- Strong analytical skills with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed and meet deadlines
- Ability to multi-task in other areas of the unit
- Positive attitude and team-oriented spirit
- Ability to function in an ever changing environment
S3 implements and supports collaborative business solutions for our partner credit unions in the areas of Deposit Operations, Real Estate Lending, Consumer Lending, Collections, and Call Center Operations. Striving for excellence in everything we do, our goal is to deliver high-quality, cost-effective services to our credit union partners so they can invest in the futures of their organizations and most importantly, their members.
S3 Shared Service Solutions, LLC
Why Work Here?The S3 corporate office is located in the Baltimore/Washington corridor, S3 Shared Service Solutions, LLC is a credit union service organization (CUSO) that is guided by a relentless focus to meet and exceed the expectations of the credit unions we serve. As a solutions-based operations support provider, our client base is comprised of leading financial institutions with combined assets in excess of $18 billion with over 900,000 members. S3 implements and supports collaborative business solutions for our partner credit unions in the areas of Deposit Operations, Real Estate Lending, Consumer Lending, Collections, and Call Center Operations. Striving for excellence in everything we do, our goal is to deliver high-quality, cost-effective services to our credit union partners so they can invest in the futures of their organizations and most importantly, their members.
Growing organization, team collaboration, excellent benefits and plenty of opportunities to advance!