Linux System Admin Lead
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
- Experience 10+ years
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills regarding developing project briefings, updating system designs, rack elevations, wiring diagrams, and system outage after action reports
- Understanding of all phases of the software development lifecycle; the System Engineering Life Cycle; and the ability to comprehend user business needs and concerns and integrate that understanding with technical skills
- Provides Linux platform support (i.e. RHEL, CentOS) and administrative support, including management and troubleshooting
- Illustrates hands-on knowledge and experience building and deploying automated server and workstation builds across an enterprise infrastructure with environments that are logically separated]
- Illustrates hands-on experience and understanding of proactive monitoring concepts, including experience configuring and deploying Network and systems monitoring (i.e. SNMP, Splunk, etc.)
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex hardware/software issues, restore the environment to an operational state with minimal downtime, perform root cause analysis and provide a forward leaning mitigation strategy
- Proficient in Cloud Computing, Competencies of systems including: Fault tolerance, High availability, Scalability and Capacity planning, Data center organization, and Backup / Recovery
- Illustrates knowledge of at least three of the following technologies: Encryption, IDS/IPS, Firewalls, Anti-Virus, VPNs, SSL
- Researches emerging technologies to determine impact on application/system integration and execution
- Work with developers/engineers across disciplines to define customer and system requirements; design a solution that meets the current requirements and is scalable to meet future enterprise requirements
- Provides experience with patching and maintaining server build
- Strong communication skills.
- Should have ability to work independently.
- To adhere to quality standards, regulatory requirements and company policies (2.) To provide support for on call escalations and doing incident and problem management (3.) To independently resolve tickets and esnure that the agreed SLA of ticket volume and time are met for the team (4.) To ensure positive customer experience and CSAT through First Call Resolution and minimum rejected resolutions or Reopen Cases (5.) Work on value adding activities such Knowledge base update and management, Training freshers, coaching analysts and conducting interview or participation in hiring drives (6.) To participate or contribute on EN business in creation of proposals to drive Service improvement plans.
- Manage delivery of services and resources to meet or exceed service level agreements and key performance indicators
- Own Service Level Agreements agreed between HCL and customer and ensure they are met all the times
- Leading the Disaster Recovery measures and all other ITSM process areas for Open Systems to comply with customer policies
- Develop, maintain, and document programs or scripts
- Maintain and contribute to enterprise source code and configuration repositories
- Participates in Post-Incident Reviews to document lessons learned to create/update automation/tooling
- Analyze system logs and identify and remediate issues with systems
- Create, maintain, and execute scripts to perform routine maintenance
- Perform patch/fix research and software upgrades through service packs or other software bundling methodologies
Get fresh Teen Linux System Administrator jobs daily straight to your inbox!