Assistant General Manager
- $21 to $23 Hourly
Position: Assistant General Manager
Born and brewed in Southern California since 1963, The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf® has become one of the world’s largest specialty coffee and tea retailers. Today we have global presence with Cafés around the world and offices in California, Singapore and Malaysia.
As we grow our brand, we are committed to maintaining our values, heritage and passion for our products. We have always had a creative and caring spirit. This energy embodied by our Team Members made us famous and beloved by our guests, first in Southern California and now around the world. We are a brand centered around passion. A passion for our premium products, our people and our customers. Passion is contagious, and we’ve got a serious case of it. If you are just as passionate as we are, come join our Brew Crew!!
The position we are brewing:
Do you love premium Coffee & Tea? Do you want to work for a socially responsible, guest service driven company? The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf® Assistant General Manager curates memorable experiences for our guests and the CBTL team daily. We are seeking friendly, dedicated, and creative Barista’s to provide our guests with the world’s finest quality coffee and tea experience. As a member of our team, you will have the opportunity to engage with the clients while developing your skills in a variety of areas across the business. Many of our General Managers started off as Baristas!
If you are looking for an opportunity where you can be yourself and have fun doing it, while creating a base of loyal CBTL fans out of the local community, we want to talk to you about joining our growing and diverse team.
What you will Measure and Blend:
- Lead by example. Be an advocate for your team by driving sales and service performance through coaching and training.
- Be a coffee & tea expert. You bring the passion, we provide the training, and you share it with the team and guests.
- Generate new guests. Many guests shop online these days; however, the store is where we meet many of our guests for the first time.
- Care about safety. Safe store environment, healthy employees and guests are our number one priority.
- Contribute. Assists the General Manager to manage a profitable store by tracking sales and overseeing the day to day operations. Help the store with tasks, ideas and support store growth operationally.
- Be Creative. Visual merchandising and product placement to create memorable experiences for the guests.
- Be an advocate. As the face of CBTL you will build the store presence by connecting with your local community to attract & retain fresh talent.
- At The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, we hire for our core values Friendliness / Respect / Ownership / Teamwork / Honesty — FROTH and identify team members who share these values.
- Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Pet, Accident, Life, Long-Term & Short-Term Disability
- Discounts on our Coffee and Tea
- Pay Rate: $21.00-$23.00 Hourly
- Observed Holidays
- Vacation Pay
- Sick Pay
This role may be subject to the following working conditions:
- Feeling (Tangible)
- Repetitive Motion
- Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- The worker is subject to both environmental conditions. Activities occur inside and outside.
- The worker is subject to extreme cold. Temperatures typically below 32 degrees for periods of more than one hour. Consideration should be given to the effect of other environmental conditions, such as wind and humidity.
- The worker is subject to extreme heat. Temperatures above 100 degrees for periods of more than one hour. Consideration should be given to the effect of other environmental conditions, such as wind and humidity.
- The worker is subject to noise. There is sufficient noise to cause the worker to shout in order to be heard above ambient noise level.
- The worker is subject to hazards. Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts and moving vehicles.
- The worker is required to function in narrow aisles or passageways.
International Coffee & Tea, LLC dba The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf® is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, sex, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, genetics, or any other status protected by state or federal law. The Coffee Bean &Tea Leaf® expressly prohibits any form of employee harassment or discrimination on the basis of any such protected status.
The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf® provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This policy was intended to comply, and The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf® so complies, with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the Company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation and training. We are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity.
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.