S.W. Rodgers Company, Inc Leesburg, VA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Summary: This position requires heavy physical duties on a variety of task, which are generally either unskilled or skilled in nature.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Digging, spreading and shoving dirt and gravel using pick and or shovel
2. Lift, carries and holds building materials, tool and supplies
3. Cleans tools, materials and work areas
4. Performs a wide variety of manual tasks preformed on job site
5. Perform other duties as needed or directed by supervisor. Management retains the right to add or change duties at any time.
1. Authorized to work in United States
2. Must have transportation to move among job sites assigned to in the Northern Virginia Area
3. Ability to pass Pre-employment drug test and physical
4. Ability read directions, orders or other work-related documents and safety warnings, hear audible horns and alarms, have sense of smell and touch
5. Ability to understand and follow instructions.
1. Use of hand tools such as shovel, bars, and hammers.
2. Use of other assigned tools used in the installation of underground pipes and structures.
3. Safely install pipes and fittings if required
4. Ability to operate tampers, hand and gasoline powered saws, walk behind and ride on compaction equipment.
5. Ability to work independently or as a team, is dependable and has a strong work ethic.
6. Self-motivated, pro-active and takes initiative.
7. Upholds the mission and vision of S W Rodgers Company, Inc.
1. Standing, walking, climb, reaching outward, using ladders and stairs
2. Ability to lift/carry up to 80 pounds
3. Ability to wear personal protective equipment such as a hard hat, safety glasses and shields, reflective vest, dust masks, seat belts, and hearing protection
4. Ability to work at least 40 hours per week, may include nights, weekends if deadlines need to be met.
All applicants will be subject to background checks. If job duties require applicant to drive, a valid driver’s license is required, with a clean driving record. Relocation assistance will not be provided. Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States.
S. W. Rodgers Company, Inc. offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental and vision coverage; and paid vacation, holidays and sick time.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this classification. It is not to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory, or all duties, responsibilities and qualifications of employees to this job. Management has the right to add to, revise or delete information in this description. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
S.W. Rodgers is and Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
S.W. Rodgers Company, IncWhy Work Here?
Helping employees build careers, come join our team.
Founded in 1980, S.W. Rodgers Company, Inc. is headquartered in Gainesville, Virginia and serves all of the site development, utility, and heavy highway contracting needs of customers throughout Northern Virginia. In nearly four decades of operation, we have built a strong reputation in the industry for our passion and integrity, delivering quality, value, and attention to detail in each part of every project we complete. We use only the best equipment and the most cutting-edge technology, giving our employees all of the resources they need to do the most accurate and precise work possible.
5816 Wellington RdLeesburg, VA