Bi-lingual 2nd shift Production Supervisor
S.D. STAFFING, LLC d/b/a ATWORK PERSONNEL SERVICE North Andover, Ma
Essential functions and responsibilities
- Ensuring production line starts on schedule.
- Monitors and reinforces food safety and employee safety regulations and processes.
- Supervises all production activities performed by employees; maintains a high degree of visibility and access to employees throughout the shift.
- Establishes and maintains department standards for productivity, reliability, and accuracy.
- Monitors and reports daily production results, material usage, waste, and downtime.
- Reports equipment problems to appropriate department and production manager.
- Coordinates with Quality Control to maintain quality standards; takes appropriate corrective measures to resolve deficiencies.
- Assist Manager with staffing needs to meet peak demands of the business and staff team accordingly; trains, motivates, coaches’ employees; report personnel issues to manager.
- Coordinates with the Production Manager to manage personnel issues including but not limited to vacation approvals, time card approval, daily and weekly overtime, and training.
- Performs required administrative tasks; prepares required reports using excel and internal cost accounting software, called Measure.
- Inspects for proper sanitation of equipment and facilities; takes corrective action to resolve deficiencies.
- Resolves production-related issues with representatives from other department throughout the company.
- Maintains a working knowledge of all operating systems pertaining to the work area.
- Performs other duties as assigned by manager.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in food manufacturing or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2-5 years working in Supervisory role or equivalent.
- Strong knowledge of food production practices and procedures (including GMP’S, USDA, FDA SQF regulations)
- All work is performed in a cold plant (40 degree Fahrenheit) environment with areas of high noise levels, wet floors, and seasonal schedule changes; dangerous chemicals depending on position.
- Fast pace, team work style.