Position Summary and Principal Responsibility:
This Senior Buyer is responsible for component purchasing and operations support to maintain inventory at planned levels to achieve production schedule and business goals. This includes negotiating component purchases from suppliers as well as issuing and evaluating vendor quotes to determine the best quality suppliers. This role includes procurement activity as well as project management of custom equipment orders. This is a “hands-on” role – expect to work directly with receiving, production, engineering and other departments to fulfill job responsibilities.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Purchases and manages inventory levels of all materials to optimize delivery.
- Establishes strong partnerships with strategic suppliers critical to business.
- Coordinates, conducts, and participates in meetings and discussions between suppliers and necessary related personnel concerning supply, delivery, or quality.
- Executes strategies and procurement programs to support production goals.
- Responsible for developing sufficient number of suppliers to assure continuity of supply, effective competition, required quality and on-time deliveries.
- Participate in instruction and training of less experienced personnel and provides guidance as necessary to assist in the performance of procurement activities.
- Investigates and implements process improvements that increase productivity while reducing expenses and protecting profitability.
- Requires limited supervision or direction to achieve goals and objectives.
- Assist with various projects as assigned by a direct supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 5 years of related procurement and planning experience.
- Strong proficiency in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Project management capabilities to support new product launches, conversions, etc.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Management and leadership skills.
- A high level of responsibility, analysis, and independent decision-making is expected.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare purchase orders, solicit/evaluate bids based on quality, service capability and price.
- Daily review of reports and forecasts to ensure all components are on order.
- Make recommendations to streamline and support accurate inventory and uninterrupted material flow to production.
- Maintain accuracy of purchasing database information.
- Manage movement of long lead time and high-risk components.
- Research and evaluate suppliers based on quality, service, capability and price.
- Develop and maintain ongoing program for identifying and qualifying alternate and replacement suppliers.
- Analyze RFQs to determine best suppliers.
- Negotiate contracts with suppliers.
- Administer supplier report cards.
- Proficiency with ERP systems, software, including Microsoft Office.
- Strong team skills and ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced office atmosphere.
- Purchasing and Operations Support
What we have to offer: S and Y has a competitive compensation plan, including a bonus opportunity. We also offer a comprehensive benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), paid holidays and PTO.
S and Y offers complete turnkey solutions from engineering to systems integration and order fulfillment. S and Y provides individualized, focused solutions to customers in a broad range of industries. Total customer satisfaction is provided through teamwork, defect free product delivery, continuous product improvement, and with just-in-time manufacturing.
S and Y will only employ those who are legally authorized to work. Any offer of employment is contingent on the successful completion of a background investigation
S and Y Industries, Inc.
Why Work Here?S and Y Industries, Inc. is an Electronic Contract Manufacturer providing comprehensive electronic design, production and product management services. We have over 35 years of experience with hundreds of satisfied customers. S and Y offers complete turnkey solutions from engineering to systems integration and order fulfillment. S and Y provides individualized, focused solutions to customers in a broad range of industries. Total customer satisfaction is provided through teamwork, defect free product delivery, continuous product improvement, and with just-in-time manufacturing. S and Y will only employ those who are legally authorized to work. Any offer of employment is contingent on the successful completion of a background investigation
S and Y has a really hard-working crew that embraces a company-wide family atmosphere. Very rewarding to be on this team!