Job Summary: The “S&S Asset Management Systems” (SSAMS) support team provides IT support and implementation services for business Vendor Managed Inventory programs and systems. The IT Technical Support/Help Desk team member will triage customer IT issues or requests and assign work tickets to Field Services and Warehouse Services support teams. The IT Technical Support/Help Desk team member serves as a 1st tier technical support and liaison for internal business units for all SSAMS computer systems and solutions related technical issues and/or requests. This includes, but is not limited to, customer technical support calls, software troubleshooting, user & badge database data updates, inventory transactional billing and order discrepancies, incident follow-up, incident escalation and small project management. This position will be in an On-Call rotation within the department, and must be available for off-hour and weekend support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:1.Customer Support (40%)
- Triage customer and internal phone calls and emails.
- Log and update incidents in the ticketing system and assign to appropriate support team.
- Escalate and follow-up on urgent incidents with department managers.
- Follow-up with customers and coordinate technician repairs.
- Perform data changes in a database.
- Prepare monthly and ad hoc metric reporting.
- •Maintain accurate data records in department ticket system (ServiceNow).
- •Contact 3rd level vendor support, as needed.
- •Write process and incident resolution documentation.
- •Contribute articles and documentation to department Knowledge Base.
2.IT Technical Support (40%)
- Provide IT technical support for all SSAMS systems software & hardware solutions:
- Troubleshoot systems software and address basic incident requests.
- Perform basic network TCP/IP connectivity troubleshooting.
- Remote into customer sites using screen sharing software to troubleshoot system failures to resolve system issues and/or train customers.
- Drive to customer sites, if necessary, to troubleshoot system failures and work with 3rd party vendor support to determine root cause.
3.Project Support (20%)
- Participate in project meetings and lead projects related to all SSAMS system solutions.
Job Requirements: Education/Experience:
- High School Diploma.
- Advanced computer skills (e.g. MSCE or equivalent experience) is a plus.
- 1-3 years’ experience in a customer support role.
- Hands-on experience tracking issues in a ticketing system.
- Hands on experience with installing and updating licensed software and replacing computer hardware, preferred.
- Hands-on experience in a networked environment, client server topology concepts, TCP/IP protocol. Cloud Computing is a plus.
- Moderate knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to drive to remote locations if needed.
- Ability to perform entry level IT hardware repairs and adjustments.
- Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to complete assigned tasks in fast-paced situations.
- Office environment.
- Industrial area with heavy equipment and moving forklifts.
- Telecommuting is not available.
Other: (Includes licenses, certificates, age, etc.)
- Clean driving record, valid driver license and proof of insurance, must be 21+ years old to meet Company’s auto insurance requirement.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid TWIC card.
- Ability to pass OSHA safety requirements.
- Ability to pass site specific safety training requirements.
- Ability to pass drug/alcohol screen to federal standards.
At S and S Supplies & Solutions we offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefit programs including medical, dental, vision, 401k with a Company match and time off including your birthday.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.