Senior Engineer - Software
- Posted: over a month ago
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Genesys Aerosystems engineering team, you will get to drive the technical development of advanced avionics and flight control systems. You will research, develop, design, and test software for components, products, and systems. We are looking for an individual who is self-motivated, responsive, flexible and able to succeed within a highly collaborative and fast paced environment by performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following, but not limited to, as other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Reviews and evaluates product requests from customer and formulates conceptual design to meet customer requirements.
- Evaluates product design for conformance to engineering principles, customer requirements, quality standards, and specifications.
- Develop software for advanced avionics and flight control systems
- Develop new testing applications or modify existing tools to support integration activities
- Applies knowledge of FAA avionics and software certification process during the design of products.
- Perform software/system integration activities to verify proper functionality of new designs. Able to support flight testing of company’s products.
- Creation of technical documentation.
- Able to develop Product Acceptance Test Procedures for production to verify proper functionality of products.
- You may also conduct research and prepare reports based on findings, to include recommendations or alternative proposals for action.
- Provide leadership to engineering design teams.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience with Software Development for avionics and flight control systems.
- Experience with Software Development Lifecycle dictated by FAA guidelines for certifying flight software
- Experience with one or more of the following: C, C++, C#, Real-Time Embedded Systems, Flight Controls and Dynamics, Control Systems, Matlab, LabVIEW, Perl, Python.
- Basic understanding of industry standard practices related to software development.
- Working knowledge of quality systems and compliance in a regulated industry.
- Experience with process development, documentation and implementation.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- Aviation industry experience and familiarity with FAA certification preferred.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Hold an accredited Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical & Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or other related engineering degrees.
- 5-8 years or more engineering software development experience, including software for complex avionics systems
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
- Computer skills, familiarity with basic shop tools and/or machine equipment, and an aptitude and understanding of basic software engineering principles.
- equires technical writing and documentation skills.
- Able to travel domestically and internationally up to 20% to support projects.
S-Tec Corporation dba Genesys Aerosystems
AddressMineral Wells, TX
TechnologyView all jobs at S-Tec Corporation dba Genesys Aerosystems