TERRITORY SALES MANAGER
- Posted: over a month ago
Territory Sales Managers are responsible for sales, distribution, and merchandising of products in commissary stores in their assigned territory with a primary goal of increasing sales.
Essential Job Functions
- Sell in new item distribution on every call.
- Obtain orders for new items and commitments for adequate shelf space in proper location.
- Sell in all upcoming promotions.
- Obtain orders for products and commitments for adequate floor/display space to maximize volume on all upcoming promotions.
- Review sales plans with buyers and prospective buyers.
- Communicate clearly with clients, distributors, retailers and buyers regarding the product, i.e. prices, quantity, and warranty.
- Insure that all products are placed in stores and properly shelved and displayed in all assigned accounts.
- Insure that proper pricing signs are in place on all products represented.
- Operate computer systems to record and invoice credits on markdowns and credits.
- Manage distribution of products through web based reports.
- Work with store personnel to insure that all displays and shelves are stocked to the standards set by account managers and store managers.
Skills and Competency Requirements-Grocery Sales
- Must possess effective selling skills and techniques
- Can communicate clearly with buyers, clients, and customers.
- Knowledge of grocery merchandising methodology
- Knowledge of grocery marketing methodology
- Must have good command of the English language, both orally and written.
- Must have good analytical skills.
Physical requirements in order to facilitate sales
- Must be able to work while standing for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to work in cold storage areas for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to repeatedly lift a minimum of 25lbs.
- Overnight travel may be required.
- Must possess valid driver’s license
- 2 years of outside sales experience
- High School education /GED required
- Associate’s/Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and web-based applications.
S&K Sales Co. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
S & K SALES CO
BusinessView all jobs at S & K SALES CO