HR Assistant / Human Resources Coordinator – Our client seeks an HR Assistant / Human Resources Coordinator who is good at juggling multiple tasks to support the HR department in Des Moines. We seek an organized individual with the ability to problem-solve and a willingness to learn.
You will earn $16 - $20 an hour, depending on experience. This is a long-term contract position with the potential for direct hire.
To qualify, you must have at least two (2) years of experience as a Human Resources Assistant or other HR Position and strong people skills. You must also have:
- Knowledge and understanding of various employment laws and preferred practices.
- The ability to manage multiple requests and priorities simultaneously, meet deadlines, and show flexibility to change direction when needed.
- The ability to work as a team or individually.
As a HR Assistant, you will be responsible for filling open positions and onboarding all new hires, as well as handling any other HR-related tasks. Some of your responsibilities will be:
- Writing and posting open positions,
- Scheduling interviews, completing reference, background checks, and pre-hire selection assessments.
- Scheduling post-offer physical exams, drug screenings, and immunizations as required by state and federal law.
- Assisting with benefit enrollments, change processes, and audits to ensure compliance.
- Tracking performance evaluations.
If you are detail oriented, and good with people, then please send your resume, for immediate and confidential consideration.