Part-Time Onsite Facilities Assistant (Bolingbrook-IL)
Founded in 1988 and headquartered in Bolingbrook, IL, S&S Activewear is the leading wholesaler to the imprintable apparel and uniform market in the United States and Canada. S&S offers more than 100 brands, including Adidas, Calvin Klein, Champion, Columbia, Dickies, Fruit of the Loom, Lee, Oakley, Rawlings, Tommy Hilfiger, etc. The wholesaler specializes in blank sportswear, corporate apparel, and accessories – including everything from basic garments to fashion-forward styles – and features the best selection the industry has to offer.
In March 2021, Clayton, Dubilier & Rice announced it had acquired S&S Activewear. S&S has grown under the current management team and owners from a successful midwestern t-shirt and fleece distributor into an industry leader with approximately $2.5 billion in sales. CD&R indicated they believe S&S is a leading distribution platform with a sustainable competitive advantage following significant strategic investments in its geographic reach, people, and technology. Today, S&S has the largest one & two-day distribution footprint in the industry, with its products reaching 99% of the U.S., Canada, and Puerto Rico within two days and 44 states in just one day.
About Clayton, Dubilier & Rice
Clayton, Dubilier & Rice (“CD&R”) is a private investment firm with a strategy predicated on building stronger, more profitable businesses. Since its inception, CD&R has managed the investment of more than $35 billion in 100 companies with an aggregate transaction value of more than $150 billion. The Firm has offices in New York and London.
Seeking an Office and Facilities Assistant to join our team. This is a fast-growing office. We are seeking a candidate who enjoys the daily challenges of upkeeping an office space. Who can follow and maintain processes and procedures by ensuring that the facility is working properly, well-stocked, and maintained.
Monday-Friday, Part-Time, Non-Exempt
(20-30 Hours a week)
(Bolingbrook, IL Onsite)
- Personal, and Sick time.
- Discounts on brand name apparel.
- Employee events.
- Opportunities for advancement – Internal Promotions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Steward of workplace and employee experiences.
- Greets employees and visitors, serving as the point of contact for support, problem-solving, scheduling, and information regarding the workplace.
- Coordinates facility-related services with landlords, contractors, and other stakeholders.
- Keeping an inventory of office supplies and ordering new materials as needed.
- Sort incoming mail/packages and distribute them as appropriate.
- Inspects workspaces and equipment and acts toward deficiencies.
- Orders and schedules delivery and installation of furniture and materials.
- Keeps counter in breakroom stocked for the employees daily.
- Responds to events that impact the office environment or tenants.
- Oversee local office safety programs and equipment management.
- Reconciles, codes, and authorizes invoices for payment related to overseen services.
- Supports conference room technology, report defects, and steward repairs.
- Perform additional duties, including project-related work, as assigned.
- May have responsibilities for after-hours events or weekend meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 0-2 years of related experience.
- Professional and customer service oriented with the ability to interact with diverse stakeholders and outside vendors.
- Ability to work collaboratively, as well as work independently.
- Ability to lift, carry, and move up to 50 lbs.
- Basic math aptitude/skills and the ability to do measurements.
- Previous experience working in a corporate setting.
- Possesses strong technical aptitude and interest in learning new technology.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Products
- Demonstrates polished interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- This is a 100% work-in-office position, where reliable attendance is critical to its success.
This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines. Full dexterity of the right and left hand is needed to perform duties successfully.
This job operates primarily in a professional environment with routine use of standard office equipment (computers, phones, copiers, filing cabinets, etc.). The job will be performed entirely in the S&S Activewear warehouse, where conditions can range from warm to cool. The job will be performed in a shared office. Will work around warehouse machines and equipment with a moderate level of noise.
S&S Activewear welcomes people of all backgrounds and experiences and is committed to creating a diverse culture and supporting human growth. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer and are committed to providing equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. We conduct business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. Our policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer, and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience, conduct and other legitimate business reasons. S&S participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm you are authorized to work in the U.S. This job offer is contingent upon the completion of a satisfactory background check.
S&S Activewear LLCBolingbrook, IL
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.