We are currently searching for a Resource Legal Secretary to join their Indianapolis office. The Resource Legal Secretary will assist lawyers and other legal personnel through the performance of complex and specialized secretarial and clerical duties requiring knowledge of legal terminology and the legal process. A minimum of 3 years of previous legal secretary experience is preferred.
EXPERIENCE WITH REAL ESTATE TITLES IS A MUST!
- Recognizes that service to clients is the Firm’s number one priority; is available during normal business hours to answer client and other telephone calls for legal business professional members; in the absence of the legal business professional members, facilitates alternative assistance to clients, where appropriate; and effects return of telephone calls when the legal business professional members cannot do so on a timely basis. Client contact is generally by phone.
- Fills in for legal secretaries who are out of the office due to personal, vacation or medical leaves, and performs the same functions that all legal secretaries are asked to perform.
- Provides legal secretarial assistance for a typical workload of multiple attorneys.
- Works proactively as a member of a legal secretarial team. Demonstrates effective teamwork and provides assistance to other legal secretaries as needed/requested. Works cooperatively with other departments and individuals in the firm.
- Files paper and electronic documents with appropriate courts and ensures proper procedures are followed and deadlines are met.
- Creates, edits, revises, redlines, and/or proofreads documents from dictation, handwritten, typed and/or electronic copy.
- Prepares new client/matter intake forms and engagement letters.
- Stays informed of the location of the legal business professional members, by such means as having access to their calendar.
- Assists with the billing process, including daily time entry — entering, proofreading, spellchecking, and releasing —distributes monthly proformas, and reviews and edits proformas, and prepares final with cover letter (if appropriate) in accordance with firm or department procedures.