The Order Management & International Logistics Specialist provides support by utilizing knowledge and understanding of supply chain management processes to provide customizable logistic solutions tailored to the individual customers’ needs.
BILINGUAL ENGLISH/SPANISH IS A PLUS!!!!
Act as single-point-of-contact for all Cummins’ international distributors by managing the end-to-end order management and logistics process flow.
* Single-point-of-contact for portfolio of customers by managing end-to-end order management and logistics process flow.
* Plan and maintain daily interactions with functional areas such as Materials, distribution centers and global sales teams.
* Coordinates global communication across international customers and internal functions.
* Maintain accurate records of interactions with customers and functional areas using Cummins systems.
* Partners with domestic and international operations for continued process improvement opportunities.
* Participates in continuous improvement projects.
* Education: Bachelor’s degree or min. of 2 years relevant work experience.
* Logistics and supply chain knowledge: apply strong knowledge of international shipping terms, procedures, and trading laws to manage end-to-end process to fulfill customer requirements.
* Analytical Reasoning: Applies research methodologies and statistical analysis to solve problems and exercise independent judgement. Synthesizes and analyzes low to moderately complex data, information and evidence in order to draw meaningful solutions to meet customer expectations.
* Team members must adapt quickly and have the ability to make sound decisions when dealing with unexpected changes, laws, regulations, special requirements (Shipping, Import/Export regulations at customer location).
* Communication (Written and Verbal): Communicates in a clear, organized and precise manner with functional areas to drive the required response; communicates responses to the customer relevant to their original request, while providing alternative solutions. Order Management Representatives must possess strong communications skills and be able to effectively communicate in different languages, when necessary.
* Attention to detail: Pays attention to all the details of what is communicated, either written, orally, or presented. Achieves thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing daily tasks while considering impact on functional areas. Provides accurate and relevant information on a timely basis to the customer.
o Minimum of intermediate skill level with computer related programs such as Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook) and Internet.