SCHEDULE: The Cummins team has advised that the schedule for this position is 40 hours a week, most likely Monday through Friday. We have a Rotating Schedule ever quarter so the possibility of working an oddball shift exists. The position will be 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM for the first few months while the employee is trained.
The primary responsibility of this position is to work with an elite group of Cummins customers on non-scheduled repairs.
The responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to the following:
* Document customer interactions information within Cummins, strengthening the link between the customer and the factory
* Build a professional relationship with customers to increase loyalty in the Cummins’ products
* Ability to maintain professionalism with composure and resilience
* Provide Intermediate direct and prompt assistance to customers through various media (phone, email, letter, and fax), acting as a customer advocate
* Resolve less common customer issues through a broad understanding of Cummins products, processes, systems, and practices
* Ability to work in a cross-functional organization, building relationships and managing conflict with customer
* Ability to escalate internally and externally as required providing documentation throughout process
* Contribute to the development of customer and knowledge database(s) by accurately and consistently recording customer contact information and Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
* Willingness to share information by providing assistance to peers while having openness to learning and contributing to the development of a positive work environment within Customer Care
* Assist with coordination of product information between business units, distributors, end users, etc.
*Actively seek out technical and logistical issues with repair events and resolve them in the interest of customer downtime.
* While a minimum of a High School Diploma is required, manager would prefer to see candidates with either an Associates’ or Bachelors’ degree.
* Please note that if someone has just the HSD, they must have at least a minimum of 5 years’ experience in customer service.
Customer Assistance Skill Sets:
Technical Skills: (Training will be provided)
* Intermediate (familiar to proficient) understanding of Cummins products (engines, filtration, power generators, components, marine products, high horsepower products, Dodge applications, etc)
* Intermediate (familiar to proficient) understanding of diesel engine operation, parts, and warranty support to our end users and fleet users
* Understanding of Logistical concepts
* Understanding and ability to expand on knowledge of Engine Familiarization
* Interpret schematic/blue prints/wiring diagrams
Additional Information from the manager:
The primary responsibility of these positions is to work with an elite group of Cummins customers on non-scheduled repairs. Customer services skills with these positions is key! This position requires a lot of documentation so someone who can type quickly with minimal spelling errors would be the most successful in this role. Someone also who can “talk the talk” with the equipment they will be coordinating repairs on would be the most successful.