S&P Builders is a residential general construction company seeking a Crew Leader to join the team. The Crew Leader is responsible for overseeing and ensuring successful completion of all daily operations at job sites, ensuring subs stay on schedule, successfully leading a crew, and maintaining quality of work. Experience with all phases of remodeling and brand new construction and some experience managing crews required. This is a full-time, 40-hour per week job (4/10 schedule M-Th). Job locations range from Tacoma to Bellevue.
We are looking for someone who:
Believes in construction as a tool for improving quality of life
Is motivated to take on challenges, and enjoys finding and implementing solutions to difficult problems
Is satisfied by a day’s hard work and seeing a project through to completion
Is naturally optimistic and maintains a positive outlook, demeanor, and atmosphere around him/herself
Values creating a positive experience for every homeowner
Is constantly looking to add value and quality to the work they do solely because of the internal desire to better themselves
Enjoys mentoring others and desires to further develop leadership skills
- Manage and prioritize day-to-day job site tasks, ensuring successful and timely completion of all projects
- Supervise on-site workers, providing mentorship and training as needed, and maintain productivity
- Ensure safety protocols are followed and quality standards are met
- Resolve any on-site conflicts or incidents quickly and amicably
- Routinely communicate project progress and updates to the Project Manager
- Maintain a clean job site
- Maintain construction schedule, identify problems and provide solutions
- Order materials and schedule inspections as necessary throughout the process
- Execute projects within prescribed budgets, validating work completion prior to vendor payment
- Perform other duties as assigned
- In-depth knowledge of the construction field and skilled in carpentry tools, including tile saw, skill saw, drills, nail guns, etc.
- Experience working on and leading remodeling and new construction projects, including aspects such as tiling, flooring, and framing
- 1-2 years experience supervising staff and managing schedules
- Basic computer proficiency, including the ability to email and contribute to Google Documents
- Utilize, update and maintain our project management software
- Professional appearance and strong work ethic
- Must have reliable transportation, valid Driver’s License, and auto insurance
- Must be able to perform manual labor and lift up to 80 lbs
- Preferred: Knowledge and experience with basic electrical and plumbing
Own tools preferred.
S&P Builders is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. Job offers made by S&P Builders will be contingent upon successful completion of a background check, drug screen, and credit check as applicable.