S&P Builders is a residential general construction company seeking a General Laborer to join the team. The General Laborer is responsible for a variety of tasks at our residential construction sites. Experience working in the construction field and ability to operate specific tools required. This is a full-time, 40-hour per week job (opportunity for flexible 4/10 schedule M-Th/Tue-F). Job locations range from Tacoma to Bellevue.
We are looking for someone who:
Loves working with their hands
Loves coming home exhausted because they understand the value in the hard work they had performed that day
Is constantly looking to add value and quality to the work they do solely because of the internal desire to better themselves
Is eager to learn from everything in their environment and looking for ways to expand on those learned methods
Who understands that digging ditches will lead to them becoming more knowledgeable and proficient in the future to teach others how to succeed.
Loves creating something beautiful that improves the quality of life of someone else.
Takes personal pride in their own personal quality of work despite recognition from higher or others.
Knows how to take control of their lives and maintain a conducive balance in their work and home life
Takes responsibility for their actions in a mindset of learning and developing and pride of workmanship.
- Perform a variety of construction site tasks under the direction of the Foreman and Project Manager
- Operate a variety of tools safely, including but not limited to: skill saw, sawzall, drill, nail gun
- Assist equipment operator, carpenters, and other skilled labor when necessary
- Prepare construction sites by cleaning obstacles and hazards
- Load and unload construction materials.
- Routinely and effectively communicate progress, updates, and issues to the Foreman
- Maintain a clean job site
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 2 years experience as a general laborer in the construction industry
- Experience with skill saw, sawzall, drill, nail gun, and sheetrock
- Must have a strong work ethic, be punctual, and able to take direction
- Willingness and ability to learn new skills
- Ability to perform manual labor and lift up to 80 lbs
- Must be willing to work indoors and outdoors in ranging weather conditions
- Must have basic computer skills, including the ability to correspond via email
- Must have reliable transportation, valid Driver’s License, and auto insurance
Compensation: $17-$20 depending on experience
S&P Builders is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. Job offers made by S&P Builders will be contingent upon successful completion of a background check, drug screen, and credit check as applicable.