Complete Streets Project Manager
- Expired: February 10, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
S&ME is a leading, multi-disciplined professional services firm comprised of dedicated and proud employee-owners tenaciously working together to solve highly complex challenges. We value eager, passionate, honest, and hard-working employees who strive to make positive impacts on our communities. Our people are the heartbeat of our company, which is a place where you control your future, and the possibilities are far-reaching. As individuals we are great, and together we are even better so come help us make a difference as we are currently seeking a full-time Transportation Engineer/Planner Project Manager to join our Complete Streets practice in Tampa or Orlando, Florida.
This career opportunity is about Saving Lives and Creating a Place for ALL transportation users! Learn more about us in this video: and visit our website:
The candidate will manage projects and collaborate with colleagues as part of an interdisciplinary team of Transportation professionals committed to the planning and conceptual design of Complete Streets in Florida and across S&ME's footprint. This position will provide the right individual a unique opportunity to be a part of a people-focused transportation team within an employee-owned company.
- Assist in advancing a Complete Streets practice (including Transportation Planning and Engineering) that is focused on Traffic Engineering, Transportation Planning, Multi-modal Systems Planning and Placemaking
- Instrumental in the completion of various transportation planning and engineering-related tasks including safety studies, corridor studies, multimodal studies, intersection analyses, arterial analyses, and other related transportation studies
- Assist business development efforts with new and existing clients including DOTs, MPO's/TPO's and local governments
- Work cooperatively with senior leaders, project managers, engineers, and others, as needed, to ensure technical excellence and deliver quality deliverables
- Manage and schedule resources to meet client deadlines
- Manage projects and budgets ensuring the delivery of successful projects on time and within budget
- Oversee quality of transportation planning deliverables
- Investigate transportation problems, provide solid technical analysis to support recommended solutions and assist in the development of concept level design plans for transportation related projects.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or a degree in Urban and Regional Planning with a focus on Transportation Planning, from an ABET accredited college or university
- Licensed PE or AICP
- 5+ years of experience with some combination of traffic safety, traffic operations analysis, signal optimization, corridor studies complete streets/multimodal design, travel demand modeling and/or transportation planning experience
- Demonstrated experience in pursuing and winning work
- Demonstrated experience in Project Management
- Demonstrated proficiency with one or more traffic simulation packages including VISSIM, HCS, Synchro and SIDRA
- Experience working on ITS and/or Transit projects
- Florida PE and PTOE
Why work at S&ME?
We are an industry leading, 1,100 employee-owned engineering firm, which means the hard work and dedication you provide every day directly contributes to the health and performance of a company you partly own. With employee ownership at our foundation, we are all vested in the success of each other and S&ME as a whole. We know that creating an environment where employees can grow and flourish, both professionally and personally, leads to our collective drive for success. We offer professional development, leadership and employee engagement programs and tasks forces to exemplify our purpose of "helping you prosper" and our commitment to culture.
S&ME Benefits to Help You Thrive:
- Competitive Compensation
- Medical/ Dental/ Vision Plans
- Health Savings Account with company contributions
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401(K) with Matching
- Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- PTO / Holidays with the ability to carryover
- Credential Incentive Program and Tuition Reimbursement
- Company Vehicle with gas card (if applicable)
- Referral Bonuses
This is a full-time position with competitive pay based on experience. Successful candidate must meet requirements of the company's Fleet Management Program, Substance Policy and Reference check program. Submit resume, cover letter and salary expectations for consideration. Only qualified candidates with acceptable employment eligibility verification (I-9) will be considered. Visa assistance not provided. S&ME reserves the right to fill this position with an internal or external candidate at any time during the search. S&ME is not responsible for unauthorized job postings or submissions of resumes using external links/websites.
No candidate/recruiter calls, personal calls or walk-ins accepted.
Get fresh E Street Group jobs daily straight to your inbox!