Construction Services Operations Manager
- Posted: over a month ago
Position: Construction Services Operations Manager
Requisition Number: 2022-1580-48
S&ME is a leading, multi-disciplined engineering firm, comprised of dedicated and proud employee-owners tenaciously working together to solve highly complex challenges. We value eager, passionate, honest, and hard-working employees who strive to make positive impacts on our communities. Our people are the heartbeat of our company, which is a place where you control your future, and the possibilities are far-reaching. As individuals we are great, and together we are even better so come help us make a difference as we are currently seeking a full-time Construction Services Operations Manager to join our team in Greensboro, North Carolina.
Organization / People
- Manage the day-to-day operations including staff training, development, and performance review, client management, utilization of equipment and facilities, safety oversight, quality of services and work product, timely delivery of services and deliverables, and adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Oversee and manage the success of the key department metrics including revenue growth, staff chargeability, project billing and collections, and project profitability.
- Participate in business development activities and partner with the Client Development team to identify, develop, win, and execute project opportunities and build and maintain client relationships.
- Cross-sell and support their team in cross-selling of other S&ME services in support of the overall firm and the client's best interest.
- Oversee and monitor overall staff assignments and workload ensuring that the team has the right mix of experience and certifications for the market, and to meet the client's needs.
- Participate and oversee the selection and onboarding of key hires and staffing within the group.
- Provide direct supervision to group's Field Services Manager, Laboratory personnel, Professionals and Administrative support.
- Create an environment that emphasizes collaboration and coordination; provide feedback, mentorship and support growth opportunities throughout the group.
- Seek and be open to feedback from other Operations Managers, Field Services Managers, Project Managers, etc., to facilitate profitable growth, continuous improvement.
- Collaborate with the Office Principal, Field Services Manager, Project Managers, Senior Reviewers, and Corporate Safety and Human Resources to develop, implement and maintain best practices and consistently apply and enforce standardized process and procedures.
- Display conduct that portrays a positive company brand with name recognition in their field of work and for the company.
- Supervise the preparation of proposals and cost estimates to clients to ensure proper scoping of services, staff availability and pricing to achieve desired profitability.
- Supervise and coordinate with the Project Managers and Field Services Manager to ensure on-time and on-budget project delivery in accordance with the client's requirements and within company policies, procedures and standards.
- Manage projects for key clients or on key projects including project deliverables, billing, and AR.
- Develop understanding of project-related risk and be familiar with company risk policies.
- Responsible for creating and modeling a safe work environment.
- Manage the AASHTO Quality System.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil, Structural, or Geotechnical Engineering or a Construction related field.
- 6+ years of experience in Operational and/or Project Management within the A/E/C industry.
- Licensed Professional Engineer in North Carolina.
- Experience building and maintaining client relationships, proven ability to grow a business with experience winning work and increasing backlog.
- Effective communication skills (speaking, reading and writing), using the English language.
- Ability and desire to divide time between the office and regular site visits in the field to support and engage field staff.
- Willingness to work outdoors in varying weather conditions
- An understanding of professionalism and tact, relative to interaction with all members of the design and construction team, including (but not limited to) site laborers, project owners, site superintendents, architects, design engineers, and project managers.
- Demonstrated positive leadership and management skills with a good understanding of business metrics, sales, client development and service, safety policies/procedures, human resources policies/procedures, risk management concepts, and other applicable project management procedures.
- Competitive Compensation
- Medical/ Dental/ Vision Plans
- Health Savings Account with company contributions
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401 (K) with Matching
- Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- PTO / Holidays with the ability to carryover
- Credential Incentive Program and Tuition Reimbursement
This is a full-time position with competitive pay based on experience. Successful candidate must meet requirements of the company's Fleet Management Program, Substance Policy and Reference check program. Submit resume, cover letter, and salary expectations for consideration. Only qualified candidates with acceptable employment eligibility verification (I-9) will be considered. Visa assistance not provided. S&ME reserves the right to fill this position with an internal or external candidate at any time during the search. S&ME is not responsible for unauthorized job postings or submissions of resumes using external links/websites.
No candidate/recruiter calls, personal calls or walk-ins accepted.
EOE including disability/vets
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?