Sr Project Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
S&H Systems is a single-source, full-service systems integration company delivering dependable material handling systems, software, and post-sale support since 2002. We are looking for a Sr. Project Engineer with a passion for developing material handling solutions on behalf of our customers to enable them to achieve their business goals. We are looking for a candidate with experience in conveyor systems, storage solutions, goods-to-man technology, and holistic material handling process flow. In this role, you will oversee the design and procurement process for assigned projects including delivering an overall system design to meet business objectives, budget, profitability, schedule, and design intent for the project. You are detail-orientated, and your passion for the customer leads to a high level of accurate and quality output. Successful candidates have experience in preparing, scheduling, coordinating, and monitoring assigned engineering projects ensuring projects are delivered on time and on budget. You will receive full support from the management and leadership teams to grow your technical skills.
Sr. Project Engineer Responsibilities
- Deliver an overall system design and concept to meet the business objectives, profitability, schedule, and design intent for the proposal.
- Interact daily with the clients to interpret their needs and requirements as well as perform overall quality control of the work (budget, schedule, plans, etc.) and report regularly on project status.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with customer development, sales, engineering, operations, vendor, and safety teams to ensure a high-level of detail and thoroughness are achieved in every project.
- In conjunction with the Project Engineering manager, evaluate and approve design changes, specifications, and drawing releases.
- Monitor compliance with applicable codes, practices, QA/QC policies, performance standards, and specifications.
- Review engineering deliverables and initiate appropriate corrective actions.
- Perform necessary calculations (angles, weights, dimensions, rates, speeds, etc.) to ensure quality system designs.
- Generate engineered system layouts and details (air piping, support loads, structural drawings, schematics, permit sets, installation drawings, etc.)
- Coordinate vendor information to assist in system design.
- Generate Operations/Maintenance Manuals, purchase requisitions, and order details for equipment and services.
- Analyze customer data to determine system requirements.
- Develop material flow diagrams and process flow charts.
- Effectively communicate with customers in high-impact scenarios.
- Travel up to 25% domestically.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of experience as an applications or systems engineer or related occupation.
- Design and/or implementation experience with integrated automation solutions, such as material handling systems, high-speed packaging lines, or manufacturing lines.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products: Excel, Project, and Outlook.
- Expertise with CAD software (AutoCAD, Inventor, Navisworks, BIM 360, etc.).
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Operations, Business Administration, or a related field.
- Exposure to Six Sigma, Lean manufacturing efforts, transportation/logistics and/or fulfillment/distribution centers.
- Proven knowledge of vendor and/or manufacturer drawing and pricing tools, i.e., Hytrol (HyCAD), TGW (TGdraW), or Honeywell (ICAD, IPS, HCAD).
- Direct management or responsibility for material handling, automation, or technical projects.
- Direct design experience with pallet racking, storage systems, pick modules, mezzanines, platforms, and support structures.
- Proven technical leadership for applications engineering projects or programs.
- Demonstrated design and/or implementation experience with integrated automation solutions, such as material handling systems, high-speed packaging lines, or manufacturing lines.
S&H Systems is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. S&H Systems is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
S&H Systems offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services to support manufacturing companies in the United States, enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of end users manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market their product.
We hire employees who will not only add to our present talent, but will continue to strengthen our company and customer relationship for many years to come.
S&H SystemsWhy Work Here?
Awesome CEO, great benefits and room for growth!
S&H Systems is a full-service Material Handling Systems Integrator. We provide conveyors, other material handling equipment, control systems, installation and services. We have offices in Jonesboro, AR and Franklin, TN. S&H Systems offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services to support manufacturing companies in the United States, enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of end users manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market their product. We hire employees who will not only add to our present talent, but will continue to strengthen our company and customer relationship for many years to come.
381 Riverside Drive Suite 120 FranklinWashington, DC
TechnologyView all jobs at S&H Systems