S&H is an eighteen-year-old, boutique property management firm which is looking for a smart, energetic, entrepreneurial managing agent to help grow the multifamily and mixed use sides of our business.
We value having a very family-like, non-corporate work environment. We're looking for a candidate who can bring with him/her some unique best practice ideas for the coop/condo space. We also expect you to manage each of our properties as though you were an owner--that means responding to other managers, owners, tenants, supers, and vendors ASAP.
In terms of skills, responsibilities and requirements for this position...
- Candidate will transition to primary property manager of all our buildings within a short time after joining S&H.
- Oversee all financial management for assigned portfolio from budgeting, to cash flow management, to bill payment approval
- Manage personnel for all assigned buildings
- Respond quickly to owners requests for purchase/finance questionnaires, alteration agreements, building documents, etc.
- Must be familiar with general NYC regulatory requirements, Local Laws, annual requirements, etc.
- Expected to have familiarity with basic building systems--boilers, HVAC, pumps, plumbing, electrical, facade and roofing
- Will likely also encounter some multifamily rental management, so familiarity of rental laws and rent regulation is a must
- Expected to have experience dealing with DOB, HPD, FDNY, etc.
- Maintains properties rentals by advertising and filling vacancies, negotiating and enforcing leases, and maintaining and securing premises.
- Attracts tenants by advertising vacancies, obtaining referrals from current tenants, explaining advantages of location and services.
- Contracts with tenants by negotiating leases and collecting security deposit.
- Accomplishes financial objectives by collecting rents, paying bills, forecasting requirements, preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective action.
- Maintains properties by investigating and resolving tenant complaints, enforcing rules of occupancy, inspecting vacant units and completing repairs, planning renovations, contracting with snow removal services
- Maintains building systems by contracting for maintenance services and supervising repairs.
- Enforces occupancy policies and procedures by confronting violators.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Property Manager Qualifications / Skills:
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year institution
- A proven track record of managing real estate in New York. The ideal candidate has 10+ years working for a real estate owner, manager or developer.
- Proficient in Excel and Office Suite
- Strong written and verbal communication skills & Negotiation
- High level of organization and attention to detail
- Self-motivated with the ability to manage a team
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
Please send resume with cover letter using the Apply button below
S&H Equities NY Inc.
Why Work Here?S&H is an eighteen-year-old, boutique property management firm which is looking for a smart, energetic, entrepreneurial managing agent to help grow the multifamily and mixed use sides of our business.
Awesome company! Replacing Property Manager who is retiring after over 15 years at the company
Great Neck, NY