- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Under the general supervision of department manager, the Maintenance Technician is responsible for troubleshooting, repairing, and maintaining machinery and mechanical/electrical equipment such as motors, conveyor systems, pneumatic and hydraulic systems, production machines, HVAC systems, boilers, pumps, liquid fillers, packaging equipment, material handling equipment, bulk delivery equipment and blending/mixing systems.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Effectively complete preventive and proactive maintenance per the schedule to prevent breakdowns on equipment.
- Utilize root-cause analysis skills to investigate breakdown and line stoppages while collaborating with other departments.
- Initial responder when a line stops producing and assures that the appropriate mechanical help is on site to correct any problems quickly using electrical and/or mechanical skills.
- Prioritizes work to ensure timely maintenance, repair and installation of equipment, tools and utility systems to minimize manufacturing downtime and completes all required paperwork and documentation in the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Repair or maintain the operating condition of industrial production or processing machinery or equipment including inspection, assembly, disassembly, and replacement as necessary. (plant machinery including, but not limited to form and fill vacuum packaging, labelers, choppers, conveyors, pumps, heat tunnels, boilers, compressors and pasteurizers).
- Observe and test the operation of machinery or equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using voltmeters or other testing devices
- Operate newly repaired machinery or equipment to verify the adequacy of repairs.
- Analyze test results, machine error messages or information obtained from operators to diagnose equipment problems.
- Perform equipment changeovers and production line set-ups.
- Inspects operating machines and equipment for conformance with operational and safety performance standards.
- Support the facility’s food safety and food quality programs to assure compliance and achieve desired results.
- Comply with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Comply with Lock-out/Tag-out (LOTO) when working on equipment.
REQUIRED EDUCATION / WORK EXPERIENCE / SKILLS:
· 5 years of Maintenance Mechanic work experience or equivalent knowledge within a food grade manufacturing facility.
· Strong troubleshooting and diagnostic abilities.
· Electrical knowledge of control, low and high voltage systems.
· Good mechanical abilities and comprehension.
· Excellent troubleshooting skills for electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic systems.
· Must have Programmable Logic Control (P.L.C.) knowledge.
· Strong time management skills, organize and manage multiple priorities.
· Basic computer knowledge.
· Ability to stand for long periods of time, to work in confined areas, to lift 50 lbs.
· Bilingual Spanish preferred.
· Must be flexible to work overtime/weekends
S&A SolutionsWhy Work Here?
Awesome company to work for with great benefits and plenty of room for growth!
S&A works with you to understand what job opportunity is the absolute best fit, with the goal of placing qualified candidates in full-time long-term positions.