Responsible for executing all process engineering activities across a broad range of processes, ranging from manufacturing, machining, dimensioning, and testing of thermoset and thermoplastic composite parts.
The Process Engineer works with all related functions including Manufacturing, Maintenance, Quality Assurance and Receiving/Shipping to achieve the company’s objectives as follows.
- Under direction plans and executes capital programs and process improvement activities.
- Recognizes and troubleshoots problems associated with manufacturing processes.
- Supports in establishing and measuring process performance standards associated with quality, waste/throughput.
- Provides input to operational reviews and other efforts leading to process improvements and cost reduction activities.
- Supports investigations and resolve operational non-conformances and customer related issues.
- Participates in customer site audits/qualifications and visits at TenCate. Support targeted projects at TenCate or customer shops. Areas include defining and documenting product and processing parameters, capability, cost reductions and manufacturing.
- Must be able to successfully manage multiple projects and effectively represent the company.
- Evaluates, troubleshoots, and solve process problems on the shop floor.
- Assists in training all shop floor associates on manufacturing processes and methods
- Assists in responsibility for the safety and environmental issues associated with the manufacturing processes and equipment.
- Creates manufacturing Configurations, Bills of Materials, Routers, Work Instructions, SPC/SQC, and Control Plans using manufacturing engineering best practices.
- Supports process engineering manager in his/her functional activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be willing to work during off-hours when needed.
Working with functional Supervisors, ensure employees have the resources to do their respective jobs. Participate in teamwork and act as a role model for productive, responsible behavior from all employees. Work with Supervisor to understand clear objectives and expectations. Working with Supervisor, provide communication, clear direction and feedback to the shop floor. Evaluate methods and materials that will allow shop floor employees to maximize their performance and overall potential.
Safety & Environment
Work with Supervisor to support the site goals and ensure the safe and environmentally sound performance of the site operations. Goal is to ensure that corporate and regulatory requirements are met or exceeded.
Ensure processes are properly documented and the documents are being followed in adherence with AS9100 registration. Support internal audit schedules and ensure that assigned Corrective Action Requests are completed by agreed upon due dates. Respond to customer requirements and / or complaints in a timely fashion.
Working with Supervisor, implement actions that contribute to the goal of achieving financial targets, such as, productivity, throughput, and scrap levels.
- Minimum: 2-10 years experience, preferably with advanced composite materials, aerospace manufacturing industry or compression molding
- Minimum: BS Engineering, Manufacturing Technology or equivalent.
- Ability to understand quality management systems such as those required by an AS9100 compliant company is a plus
- Lean and Six Sigma training is a plus
- Root Cause, PFMEA, Statistics & SQC/SPC preferred
- Knowledge of business ERP system is a preferred (Microsoft Dynamic AX® or similar)
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills and the ability to work with all levels of the company
- Must have the ability to work within multi-functional teams in support of various initiatives
- Strong EHS skills in identifying and correcting potential issues
- Proven record of accomplishment, decisiveness in initiating actions
- Strategic thinker with strong analytical skills
- Energetic and takes initiative
- Strong Process Orientation