Now Hiring Diesel Mechanic Technicians in Lihue, HI
1st Shift Position - Monday-Friday Schedule
At Ryder, being a technician is about more than working on some of the highest quality vehicles in the business. It’s about mentorship and being trained and certified in the most recent technologies. It’s about working on a variety of vehicle models, brands, and types. But most importantly, it’s about having the chance to advance in your career, while experiencing the responsibility, compensation, and learning environment that only Ryder can offer.
Diesel Technicians at Ryder enjoy:
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Competitive Pay
- Excellent Benefits: Medical, dental, prescription and vision
- PPE & Uniforms provided at no cost
- Free Job training and development
- Career advancement strategies that will help you secure your future
As a technician at Ryder, the work you do literally keeps our business moving forward. Here, you’ll apply your technical knowledge and use advanced diagnostic tools to maintain our world-class fleet of transportation equipment.
- Ability to perform all T3 tasks
- Must have demonstrated advanced analytical and repair skills in vehicle maintenance
- Effective interpersonal communication skills
- Must have basic computer skills: PC, Windows, mouse, etc.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be available to work shift work/weekends and on call duty as required
- Prefer ASE Certification in PM, Brakes, A/C, electrical, Electronics or ASE Master Mechanic
- Required to operate shop computers and diagnostic test equipment proficiently
- Must have minimum tool requirement
- Must road test vehicles as necessary
- Demonstrated ability to coach/mentor/influence others
- This position requires for you to drive Ryder vehicles. In order to become a Ryder employee you must:
- Must be able to obtain CDL within 6 months after hire
- Pass a Ryder Drug Test
- Pass a DOT physical
- Pass a Ryder road test
- Pass a Ryder Background and Motor vehicle check including Drug and alcohol verification from previous employers for the last 3 years
You’re looking for the perfect fit. We’ll give you room to grow. Apply Today!
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
*(This form is considered to be a submission of interest to Ryder and is NOT a formal application of employment.)