Security Engineering-IT Specialist Instructor II (HDSVS)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are seeking a Security Engineering-IT Specialist Instructor who provides subject matter expertise and instruction in the installation, programming, troubleshooting, and maintenance and repair of electrical systems, electronic systems, hydraulic systems, computer network equipment, installation of infrastructure, copper power, communication and signal wiring, coaxial cable and fiber optics and associated equipment . The person will work independently and require infrequent supervision. This position will support the Department's High-Definition Secure Video Surveillance program.
Designs and presents hands-on instruction, lectures, and briefings on the following technical security topics:
- Security Systems Standards Review and Inspection
- Electrical Systems including Power Regulators and Uninterruptable Power Supplies
- National Electric Code
- Electronic Fundamentals
- Basic Computer Networking
- Fiber Optic Installation
- Pedestrian and Vehicle Screening Systems
- Access Control Systems
- Access Denial Systems
- Intrusion Detection Systems
- Public Address and Announcing Systems
- Closed Circuit TV Security Systems
- IP Based Video Surveillance Systems
- Security Management Systems
- Physical Security Systems
- Electric and Hydraulically Operated Vehicle Arrest Systems
- Operation of GSA Approved Security Containers and DS Approved Locking Devices
Works closely with Instructional Design, Systems Development and Manufacturers to develop and deliver technical security system training syllabi/curriculum/ lesson plans, presentation media, administrative/self- study guides, and trainee reference manuals for technical security devices, systems and procedures in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Coordinate's students, instructors, facilities, and classrooms for fundamental training course delivery.
- Sets up and operate audio-visual equipment required in support of curriculum delivery.
- Ensures that individual professional development records are maintained at the conclusion of each course in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Employs applicable Department of State security standards and other procedures to protect national security information.
- Operates U.S. government vehicles as necessary in the performance of assigned tasks.
- Travels frequently and/or for extended periods to U.S. and foreign training sites.
- Employee requires infrequent supervision and is expected to work independently according to established policies and accepted practice.
Active Secret Clearance
- Ten or more (10+) years' experience in Government technical security installation or instruction in 60% or more of the security disciplines listed above.
- Five or more (5+) years' experience in public speaking and giving briefings or instruction to groups of ten or more people.
- Two (2) years as a level II instructor preferred.
- Prefer experience installing network equipment in racks, cabling, cable management, etc. Actual physical management of switches, etc.
- Bachelor of Science degree from an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order to be credited towards qualifications or equivalent technical training. Years of experience may be substituted for formal education.
Ryde Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Ryde Technologies will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Ryde Technologies, LLC
TechnologyView all jobs at Ryde Technologies, LLC