Information System Security Officer (ISSO)
The Information Systems Security Officer
**This position requires US citizenship and an active CISSP certification.
• Is knowledgeable and proficient in managing Federal Information System Security Laws and Requirements in accordance with the;
• Federal Information Security Management Act,
• Federal Information Security Modernization Act,
• Office of Management and Business (OMB) directives and National Institute of Standards and
• Technology (NIST) standards and guides,
• NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF),
• NIST Cyber Security Framework (CSF),
• DOC IT Security Program Plan (ITSPP),
• NESDIS IT Security Handbook.
• Plans, manages, documents, and coordinates annual system assessment and authorization activities, to include continuous monitoring as detailed in NIST SP800-37
• Possesses, demonstrates, and relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals (Possess 8+ years' experience in a related field to include IT project management.)
• Ensures all networks, computing, communication devices, and control equipment comply with the FISMA and other related Federal, NIST, DOC, NOAA, NESDIS, and OSPO security requirements for IT.
• Serves as principal staff advisor to the System Owner (SO) for applicable networks on all matters involving the security of the information systems
• Possess 8+ years' experience in a related field to include IT project management.
• Current CISSP certification
• Demonstrated written and oral communications skills
• Experience with security monitoring systems
• Solid networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP)
• A passion for problem solving and data-driven decision making
• Ability to direct customer expectations and drive projects forward to completion
• Ability to multi-task and engage on multiple projects simultaneously
• Strong organizational abilities with attention to detail and ability to manage to deadlines
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Information Technology, or other related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
Ryde Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Ryde Technologies will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Ryde Technologies, LLCSuitland, MD
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.