Building Engineer -DC Metro
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Title: Building Engineer
Type: Full-Time, Exempt
Location: Falls Church, VA (remote flexibility)
Report To: Property Manager
Growing Commercial Real Estate Investment & Development firm is seeking to hire a full time Building Engineer to service and maintain the integrity of all building systems on a growing portfolio of 10 small to medium sized office, retail, residential and industrial properties around Metro DC Region.
The Building Engineer is responsible for maintaining all building systems and perform of tenant services as directed.
The Building Engineer will oversee all preventive maintenance programs, assisting and completing tenant-related requests, meeting with vendors/contractors as required, ensuring annual testing requirements are met for all applicable equipment and building systems and upholding Company policies including ensuring compliance with federal safety programs.
- Ensure compliance with portfolio wide initiatives, local, state and federal laws, safety codes and governing regulations that pertain to the operating of facilities on behalf of the Owner as required.
- Help formulate and implement preventative maintenance programs and coordinate with Property Manager and tenants to minimize business interruption and inconvenience
- Receive maintenance requests from Property Manager and perform inspections when necessary, complete routine repairs including light bulb, ballast and fixture replacement, basic plumbing repairs, door issues, basic carpentry, drywall patches, ceiling tile replacement, locksmith tasks as needed, winterizing bibs, cleaning out storm drains, etc.
- Work with tenants in friendly and professional manner when maintenance issues and repairs are located within leased units.
- For more technical maintenance requests, meet with service contractor on-site to provide access, review issue and communicate with them to obtain proposal as needed. Inspect work after completed to confirm it was completed per scope of work in agreement.
- Respond to emergency situations on as needed and after-hours basis (fire, loss of power, evacuation, equipment failure, etc.) involving additional vendors when required
- Ensure efficient operation, maintenance and repair of all building systems including:
- Life Safety
- Fire Protection
- Elevator Operation
- Keying/Building Access
- Typical systems and equipment may include HVAC Systems: (Air Handling Unit System (AHU), Fan Coil Units (FCU's), Variable Air Volume & Constant Air Volume terminal (VAV & CAV), component fans, dampers, coils, fan powered variable air volume & constant volume and package units, UVC Lighting systems in AHUs, Chilled Water Systems, Water Systems, Water Treatment Systems, Thru Wall Heating and Cooling Units, Pumping Systems (mechanical), Air Distribution Systems, Exhaust Systems, Backflow Prevention Systems, Direct Digital Control (DDC), Central Control Panel, Energy Management or Building Management (EMS & BMS) Systems, Electric Duct Heaters, Fire Pump, Jockey Pump, and Associated Systems, and Heat Tracing Systems.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Working from heights from ladders, scaffolding, aerial lifts, etc
- Lifting up to 50 lbs. and climbing a ladder up to 30 ft.
- 3 years of hands-on commercial building engineer experience
- Basic knowledge of OSHA, NEC and NFC codes and regulations.
- High school diploma or GED
- Universal CFC certification with hands-on experience
- Candidate must possess and maintain a valid state driver's license
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and via email/text)
- Strong Customer Service skills
- Strong Interpersonal skills
HIGHLY PREFERRED SKILLS/CERTIFICATIONS:
- 5 years building engineer experience
- Advanced knowledge of OSHA, NEC and NFC codes and regulations.
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish
- Base Salary + Annual Bonus
- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 401k plan with matching company contribution
- Paid Vacation, Sick time, Personal days & Company Holidays
Ryan Stuart Development
AddressSilver Spring, MD
Get fresh Building Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.