IT Business Analyst
- Posted: over a month ago
- $42 to $52 Hourly
- Benefits: vision, 401k, dental, medical,
Title: IT Business Analyst
Industry: Consumer Products
Type of role: Contract/Contract to hire
Location: Remote (Client wants the candidate to work from in Charlotte or the surrounding area though.)
Compensation: $42.50/hr - $52.00/hr (W2 only)
The Senior Business Analyst provides strategic business analysis services to business partners within the organization.
The focus of this position is to work closely with business units to gain in-depth understanding of the business strategy, processes, services, roadmap and the context in which the business operates. This role plays a key part in the organization’s understanding of current capabilities and the decision making for future capabilities needed to address business challenges.
The Senior Business Analyst is responsible for reviewing business processes at an enterprise level and analyzing assigned business processes end-to-end to identify and address operational, financial and technological risks. The Senior BA is expected to identify opportunities to mitigate these risks, improve efficiency and achieve organizational goals. Responsibilities will include the full range of Business Analyst activities and involvement in large complex projects related to operational business functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
● Demonstrate up-to-date expertise in IT Systems and apply this to the development and execution of improvement action plans by providing advice, guidance and best practices.
● Support and align enterprise-wide efforts to meet customer and business needs.
● Stay current with needs and strategies; utilizing formal and informal written communication methods (for example, emails, newsletters, PowerPoint presentations, executive updates, task lists, updates) to communicate updates and findings; and facilitating project meetings and presentations to all types of diverse audiences (for example, senior management, Customers, technical staff).
● Identify improvement opportunities (proactive and reactive).
● Demonstrated fluency in business processes and process differentiation.
● Guide and advise less-experienced Business Analysts.
● Coordinate and oversee the work of other BAs as it relates to specific projects and
● Devise or modify procedures and templates to improve the delivery of Business Analyst services.
● Continuous improvement initiatives to enhance the BA practice.
● Gather, Elicit and clearly document business and systems requirements.
● Serve as a liaison between Operational & Functional teams and IT to assist or gather
business requirements needed for system modifications, enhancement and implementations.
● Assess business process and system inefficiencies.
● Identify, create and facilitate process design changes by conducting business and systems process analysis and design at a complex level; focusing on quality improvement and data management; ensuring data is reliable and valid; developing process improvements or re-engineering and recommending elimination; integrating new systems and processes with existing ones; and partnering with internal and external customers to ensure systems provided meet the long-term business strategies.
● Ability to analyze and synthesize business requirements, including recognizing patterns and conceptualizing processes.
● Understand and negotiate needs and expectations of multiple stakeholders.
● Perform gap analyses to evaluate multiple solutions and determine the scope from the
● Identify ways to increase adoption and end-user satisfaction.
● Provide and support the implementation of business solutions by building relationships
and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes and new responsibilities.
● Create and maintain project specifications, estimating time and resources, monitoring
milestone completion, providing timely reporting of issues that impact project progress, coordinating actions and resolving conflicts.
- Provide project level analysis – producing required project analysis documentation (business requirements, scope matrix, use cases, sequence diagrams, future state proposals, UAT plan).
- Create and maintain issue logs, meeting minutes, meeting schedules, project summaries and updates.
- Manage relationships and expectations by developing a communication process to keep others up-to-date on project results.
- Lead or participate in multiple projects by completing and updating project documentation; managing project scope; adjusting schedules when necessary; determining daily priorities; ensuring efficient and on-time delivery of project tasks and milestones; following proper escalation paths; and managing customer and supplier relationships.
- Meet with the project team regularly to review project deliverables and deadlines.
- Collaborate closely with developers to implement the requirements, provide necessary guidance to testers during the QA process.
- Develop and execute test plans.
- Support system conversions, upgrades, enhancements.
● Must have experience working on large scale projects as well as handling day-to-day operational requests from multiple stakeholders.
● Vast business knowledge and industry expertise.
● Strong project management, ability to successfully manage multiple tasks at any given point.
● Strong relationship building skills & communication skills.
● Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
● Understanding of Indices, fundamentals and analytical data, returns level data etc.
● Strong Data analysis and Process analysis.
● Strong negotiation skills.
● Systems and technical understanding.
● Leadership skills and team player behaviors.
● Client Management.
● Ability to present information for decision making purposes with little-to-no direction.
● Strong time management, organization, and multi-tasking skills.
● Strong understanding of Business Operations.
Minimum Educational Level/Certifications
● Bachelor’s required
Minimum Work Experience and Qualifications
● Minimum 7-8 years of BA experience.
Ryan Consulting Group