Senior DevOps Engineer
- Posted: over a month ago
- $5,000 Weekly
At RxVantage we transform how medical practices engage with life sciences resources and expertise to improve patient care. Our platform intelligently connects healthcare providers with the precise life sciences experts that they need, when they need them. As a result, medical practices stay on the cutting edge of patient care without disrupting workflows. Trusted by more than tens of thousands of healthcare practitioners and and all major life science companies, RxVantage has powered millions of educational exchanges between healthcare teams and life sciences companies.
Our "Work from Anywhere" philosophy is aimed at making sure we bring a diverse range of thought leadership so that our technology is better able to serve local health care providers. Our goal is to hire the country's top talent and allow them to create an environment where they can do their best work.
We are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to help grow and maintain the cloud infrastructure of our rapidly evolving SaaS platform. Candidates for this position should have experience building and scaling infrastructure for complex, distributed cloud-based platforms. Candidates should have experience with automating infrastructure provisioning and have strong network and troubleshooting skills. The ideal person will have a broad set of technical skills and knowledge of DevOps/SRE tooling.
The ideal candidate must be extremely well organized, excellent at communicating, and capable of working independently as well as on a team. Candidates should have a strong understanding of the processes required to rapidly deliver web and mobile applications to customers. The candidate should also be highly motivated and eager to learn in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment.
What you'll be doing:
- Help to setup and maintain our Github CI/CD pipelines, and Kubernetes environments
- Improve quality and velocity of application deployments with automation
- Help to support and maintain builds for React application, and Ruby/GraphQL/Hasura API
- Manage multiple AWS accounts and setup company-wide policies and access
- Automate provisioning of Linux-based cloud infrastructure
- Set and drive DevOps initiatives
- Implement, maintain, and improve our monitoring, logging, and alerting solutions
- Help identify and solve performance issues
- Provide support and work with cross-functional teams
- Research and implement new technologies to increase productivity, reliability, and security of our environment
- Increase knowledge sharing and participate in documentation
- The candidate will collaborate with cross-functional teams to help build and maintain systems to support new and existing services for our customers
The ideal candidate:
- 7+ years experience running Linux in a Production Cloud environment
- 5+ years experience with a Cloud-based hosting provider (Ideally AWS with knowledge of EC2, RDS, Lambda, S3, Route53, IAM, Cloudwatch, CloudTrail, VPC, etc)
- 4+ years experience with Kubernetes and container technologies such as Docker
- 4+ years experience with IaC using tools such as Terraform or Cloudformation
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines (preferably Github Workflows, or comparable)
- Experience running large, HA applications at scale
- Working knowledge of configuration management / infrastructure as code tools (preferably Terraform, or comparable)
- Strong understanding of networking concepts and protocols
- Strong understanding of shell scripting and comfort on the command line
- In-depth knowledge of security best practices
- Experience implementing security & performance monitoring tools
- Experience with relational databases (Postgres/Aurora)
- Strong interest in DevOps and desire/ability to expand knowledge
- Bonus Points! - Computer Science Degree, AWS Certifications, Experience with security audits and compliance automation, Experience setting up logging and metrics streaming, Experience with Ruby / Rails and knowledge of GraphQL, Experience with NodeJS / React / Frontend Application Development, Experience setting up SSO/VPN
- Competitive Salary
- 100% Company-Paid Premiums for Employee's Medical Health, Vision, and Dental Plans
- Short-term and Long-term Disability
- Life Insurance
- 401k Matching
- Work from Anywhere!
- Flexible PTO - Take the time when you want it!
- 100% Paid Parental Leave
- Post-Parental Leave Program - $5k stipend to assist with expenses, 4 week 100% paid "Ease-Back" return to work transition period
- Charitable donation matching
- Professional development stipend
RxVantage is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to ensuring that we represent the local communities where our health and wellbeing providers serve as pillars of support to our family, friends, and neighbors. Our representation within these communities allows us to embody a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives; and provide an inclusive environment for our team to feel empowered to be their authentic selves, without fear of harassment or discrimination.
TechnologyView all jobs at RxVantage