Are you looking to join a dynamic and growing company? Do you take pride in your work and love to learn new skills? If yes, then this job maybe just right for you!
Working under minimum supervision of the Production Manager, our Shipping and Receiving Clerk will be responsible for packing, shipping and receiving in our Vista, CA manufacturing facility. The right candidate will also perform other warehouse roles including inventory management and large-scale machine shipping by following established operating procedures and assist in establishing procedures where undefined.
- Ensure all Environmental Health & Safety (EH&S) and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) guidelines are adhered to.
- Prepare shipping documents and schedule freight pick-ups as required.
- Route freight to provide the most economical transport of goods and to meet customer or other requirements.
- Request freight quotes as necessary from established freight vendors.
- Prepare products, spare parts, return parts, and other items for shipment following established procedures for packaging, crating, boxing, bundling, wrapping, strapping, and labeling.
- Inspect freight upon arrival, document any signs of damage, and resolve freight claims in a timely manner.
- Verify receipt of purchased goods from suppliers, locate product, process paperwork and complete all necessary transactions according to established procedures.
- Pick parts and products from appropriate inventory locations in specified quantities as necessary to fill orders by following established procedures.
- Visually monitor inventory levels and communicate low levels to buyers, schedulers, and others as necessary.
- Cycle count inventory according to established guidelines and assist with developing actions to correct inventory problems.
- Complete inventory transactions to receive and issue inventory as required.
- Operate forklift, pallet jacks, and other equipment to move parts to proper locations and load and unload freight trucks as necessary.
- Strong attention to detail and self-organization.
- Strong work ethic.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Quick learner/self-starter
- Strong ownership skills/sense of urgency
- Experience using inventory management systems
- Determine the most efficient shipping methods
- Proven warehouse, logistical, or inventory management experience
- Ability to operate forklift, hand truck, pallet jack and other warehouse equipment
- Adequate knowledge of warehouse data system
- Team player with a customer centric focus
- Highly organized with strict attention to detail
- Ability to routinely lift or move heavy products (up to 70 lbs)
- Valid driver’s license required
- Must be able to use a standard variety of hand tools such as screwdrivers, wrenches and power tools, etc.
- Must be able to read and understand assembly and disassembly documentation such as assembly drawings, written instructions, and procedures with minimum supervision
- Must be able to read and speak English fluently