We are seeking a Customer Service Sustaining Engineer to join our rapidly growing company in Vista, CA. The Customer Service Sustaining Engineer will support our service desk and field repair activities throughout the entire product life cycle, and work on the continuous improvement of our repair quality, cost and delivery to meet our customer expectations and organization goals. The right person will have a background as an Electrical Engineer and has the ability to trouble shoot issues, identify root cause analysis and is able to build trust and raptor over the phone.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review/create standard operating procedures for field repair
- Improve repair processes
- Provide test engineering support through optimizing test procedures and test equipment
- Ensure that equipment and processes required for repair and complaint investigation of each new product are developed, qualified, validated and designed for repair-ability through working closely with cross-functional teams responsible for new product design
- Support root cause data collection and analysis, and work closely with the engineering and QA teams on identifying the needs for design improvements
- Analyze repair and help desk data using statistical analysis tools to identify any adverse trends, and make recommendations on actions that can be taken to reverse such trends
- Identify and assist in delivering the training needed for customer technical support and field repair personnel
- Provide technical expertise to customer technical support and field repair personnel on troubleshooting failures, repairs and evaluating equipment
- Utilize technical drawings, specifications of electrical and mechanical systems and components to ensure systems conform to standards
- Provide troubleshooting and expertise to unscheduled events as requested
- Monitor the effectiveness of corrective actions on a monthly basis
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering discipline required.
- 3 years experience in an engineering role required.
- 3 years experience in medical device industry preferred.
- 3 years experience in Capital Equipment Service preferred.
- Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or Training:
- Must possess practical knowledge related to the products/components that the position will support, e.g., electromechanical product components and assembly processes.
- Must have competent PC skills and be highly proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must have practical knowledge and experience in statistical analysis, problem-solving/process improvement techniques, and Root Cause Investigation/CAPA.
- Familiar with the proper use of common inspection tools, test equipment, and visual standards.
- Must be able to read and understand component/product specifications.
- Skilled in working with different functions and effectively coordinates their activities to achieve desired results.
- Excellent listening skills, including the ability to identify and isolate customers concerns or objections, in addition to excellent written and oral communication.
Machine, Tools, and/or Equipment Skills:
PC and various and specialized software. High efficiency in MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook.