As a Hospital Pharmacist you will ensure safe, optimal and efficacious drug therapy for all patients. Responsibilities include providing pharmacy information to physician and nursing staff, and providing pharmacotherapy to patients, while ensuring their safety. You will communicate with other health care professionals as appropriate, and be an active member of the health care team.
Job Specifics and Requirements:
Area: Lynwood, CA
Licensure Requirements: Must have valid, open and active California Pharmacy license.
Education: Pharm D
Years of Experience: 1+ year(s) of recent pharmacy experience within a hospital inpatient setting preferred
Schedule: Full time
Background/ Drug Requirements: Ability to successfully complete background check, client health screening criteria and drug screen
Rx relief, offers the following benefits:
· Health Insurance, with prescription coverage
· Vision and Dental insurance
· 401(k) and deferred compensation programs
· Cafeteria plans
· Review, process and monitor physician orders and patient medication profiles.
· Promote the optimal use of medications (including prevention of improper or uncontrolled use of medications).
· Educate and consult with healthcare professionals, the patients and the public in pharmacotherapy.
· Order laboratory and other tests to help determine efficacy and toxicity of medication therapy.
· Interview and evaluate patients upon admission to the hospital.
· Design a pharmaceutical care plan as appropriate, and document the plan in the patient's electronic medical record.
· Process and/or ensure the processing of all discharge medications for the assigned patient care area.
· Aid in the reduction of hospitalizations and ED visits by avoiding negative polypharmacy issues and drug interactions.
· Provide appropriate recommendations to providers regarding anti-thrombotic therapy for inpatients.
· Coordinate the transfer of patients to the Outpatient Coumadin Clinic.
· Provide consultative services to all professional staff regarding drug information and therapy.
· Coordinate with the Antimicrobial Stewardship Clinical Pharmacist Specialist to ensure appropriate antibiotic use.
· Review, interpret and evaluate medication orders to identify, prevent and resolve potential or actual drug related problems.
· Documents interventions and their outcomes for use in drug therapy quality improvement efforts.
· Prepare and dispense medications using appropriate techniques and applicable policies and procedures
· Research and organize patient-specific information, and document patient medication histories.
· Recommend or review laboratory tests, and identify medication therapy problems as appropriate.
· Follow up on drug information recommendations and assesses effectiveness.
· Participate in monitoring and improving relevant outcome measures and/or quality improvement indicators
· Design and recommend pharmacotherapeutic regimens and corresponding monitoring plans.
· Monitor data and modify pharmacotherapeutic plans as necessary.
· Document pharmaceutical care activities in patients' medical records or clinical information system.
· Work within institutional and departmental policies and procedures, and within the scope of professional practice standards and state and federal laws.
· All functions will be performed in keeping with continuous quality improvement standards.
· Perform duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with the hospital’s mission and values.