Certified Pharmacy Technician
Calling all Pharmacy Technicians!
Rx relief is looking for the right person to fill a Certified Pharmacy Technician Mail Order position....right now!
Here’s a chance to help people get better from behind-the-scenes. You’ll manage incoming and outgoing scripts, including shipping, receiving and clerical responsibilities. The position includes some patient communication, with pharmacist support.
Compensation and Benefits for the Pharmacy Technician
- Salary: $17.00/hour
- Excellent Benefit package
- Full time (40 hours)
- Casual attire: Shorts and headphones allowed
- Evening schedule: Sunday-Thursday, 3pm to 11pm
Responsibilities of the Pharmacy Technician
- Receive written prescription or refill requests and verify that information is complete and accurate
- Prepack bulk medicines, fill bottles with prescribed medications, type and affix labels.
- Maintain proper storage and security conditions for all drugs
- Answer telephone, assist customers with simple questions, locate items or referring them to the pharmacist for medication information
- Price and file prescriptions that have been filled
- Establish or maintain patient profiles, including lists of medications taken by individual patients
- Order, label and count stock of medications, chemicals or supplies, and enter inventory data into computer.
- Receive and store incoming supplies, verify quantities against invoices, check for outdated medications in current inventory, and inform supervisors of stock needs and shortages
- Open, count, barcode and profile incoming mail
- Receive, verify and stock inventory, cleaning engagement in shipping process including preparing packages for shipment
- Scan profiles, correspondence and prescriptions for filing
- Pack and sort prescription orders; prepare totes for store delivery
- Assist with insurance adjudication, prior authorizations, patient and provider communications as needed
Requirements of the Pharmacy Technician
- High School Diploma or GED
- 6+ months of retail experience
- Background and drug screening
About Rx Relief
Rx relief is a specialty staffing company providing supplemental pharmacy professionals for all pharmacy practice settings. Voted Best of Staffing by both clients and talent, we provide a customized approach to your career needs as well as comprehensive benefits. Contact us to learn why everything we do is all about YOU!