Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $14.00 to $16.00 /hour
Hiring Licensed Pharmacy Technicians for Multiple Departments
- Data Entry Tech
- Non-Sterile Compounding Tech
Rx Express Compounding Pharmacy is seeking a pharmacy technician to join our laboratory team. The compounding pharmacy technician shall assist the registered pharmacist in preparing compounded medications under direct supervision. All work must be performed in accordance with USP 795/800 procedures and company policies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Perform all functions of a Pharmacy Service Representative in order to ensure accurate and prompt customer service.
Collect essential patient information required to process prescription orders including refill authorization from doctor offices, data entry into the computer, prescriber search, compounded drug generation and selection, prescription interpretation & entry, insurance billing, and basic problem resolution.
Compound oral solutions, suspensions, capsules, ointments, creams, gels, nasal sprays, troches, RDT’s, and other medications for proper packaging and labeling before dispensing as permitted by state law.
Assist in inventory management processes including order review, proper drug disposal, restocking shelves, control log, and physical inventory preparation.
Assist on a daily basis with maintaining the compounding laboratory by keeping it clean and in order in accordance with company regulations.
- Must have an Active Pharmacy Technician License issued by the state of Florida (CPhT)
- Detail-oriented individual with strong organizational skills and ability to multitask.
- Basic math skills required: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide all units of measure. Interested candidates must be capable of doing all calculations for prescriptions including day supply, total quantity, dosing calculations and conversions.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to learn and work in a fast-paced environment
- 2 years of pharmacy experience preferred
- 1-year of laboratory experience preferred
- Knowledge of PK pharmacy software preferred.
Work Location: One location
M – F 9:30 am to 6 pm
Closed weekends and holidays!
Pay is commensurate with experience.