# Position Information
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is a leading national research university and the state of New Jersey's preeminent, comprehensive public institution of higher education. Established in 1766 and celebrating a milestone 250th anniversary in 2016, the university is the eighth oldest higher education institution in the United States. More than 67,000 students and 22,000 faculty and staff learn, work, and serve the public at Rutgers locations across New Jersey and around the world. Rutgers University-New Brunswick took root nearly 250 years ago. We are the state's most comprehensive intellectual resource-the flagship campus of Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, as designated by the Association of American Universities. We are the region's most high-profile public research institution and a leading national research center with a global impact.
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is seeking a Maintenance Mechanic-Athletics-NB for the Department of Athletics.
Among the key duties of this position are the following:
- Reporting directly to an athletic supervisor, works independently as the maintenance mechanic for all Intercollegiate Athletic facilities performing a wide range of mechanical maintenance duties to repair and maintain equipment in good operating condition.
- Such duties may be based on work orders which provide little or no instruction or assistance.
- Responsible for estimation of work and procuring appropriate materials for him/herself or the group.
- May perform any duties of the group.
- Verifies results of work performed by the outside vendors.
Information about the benefits provided to Rutgers employees can be found at: http://uhr.rutgers.edu/benefits/benefits-overview
Minimum Education and Experience
- Requires a high school/vocational school education or equivalent, plus four years of experience performing mechanical/electrical maintenance and repair work on industrial-type motors and pumps.
- Must be competent in performing complex and varied mechanical/electrical maintenance and repair work on industrial-type motors and pumps (electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, etc.).
- Successful completion of an approved training program or of a certified four year apprenticeship program in the trade, plus a minimum of two years experience and proven competency performing complex and varied mechanical/electrical maintenance and repair work on industrial-type motors and pumps may be substituted for the above experience.
- A valid driver's license with two years driving experience is necessary.
- Will be required to successfully complete the Rutgers Defensive Driving Course.
- May be required to obtain a Commercial Driver's License.
- Scissor/Boom Lifts.
- Sweepers and Tractors.
- Work schedule: 7:00am-3:30pm.
- Must be able to lift 75 pounds.
- Ability to work in all types of weather conditions and work at all heights.
- Night and weekend availability required as needed.
- Clean driving record.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Notice to AFSCME Local 888 union members ONLY: To submit an internal bid, an application must be submitted no later than 9:00 a.m. on Friday, 11/01/19. Although AFSCME Local 888 members have priority consideration, outside applications are accepted as well.
Recruitment/Posting Title: Senior Maintenance Mechanic-Athletics-NB
Job Category: AFSCME Local 888
Department: Athletics Events - Operations
Position Status: Full Time
Annual Minimum Salary: 44597.910
Annual Mid Range Salary: 52618.100
Annual Maximum Salary: 60638.280
Standard Hours: 40.00
Union Description: AFSCME - Local 888
Payroll Designation: PeopleSoft
Seniority Unit: Athletics Department - New Brunswick
Terms of Appointment: Staff - 12 month
Position Pension Eligibility: PERS
Posting Number: 19ST4555
Posting Open Date: 10/24/2019
Regional Campus: Rutgers University-New Brunswick
Home Location Campus: Livingston (RU-New Brunswick)