# Position Information
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is seeking an Administrative Assistant for the Graduate School of Education Deans Office.
Among the key duties of this position are the following:
- Provides administrative support to the Graduate School of Education by facilitating, coordinating, and supervising the implementation of department programs, projects, events, and procedures, or research and grant programs, projects, events, and procedures.
- Creates, summarizes and disseminates reports; provides general department support with research, analysis and proposal data; prepares, processes, and controls records, reports and documents.
- Performs some fiscal and grant management support functions.
- Prepares, explains, and implements administrative guidelines and departmental procedures to faculty, employees, and students and to the general public.
Minimum Education and Experience
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Requires up to two years relevant experience in an administrative function, good communication and interpersonal skills, and computer literacy.
- Prior experience as an Administrative Assistant in professional office with strong student and faculty interaction is preferred.
- Competence with following computer programs: MS Office (including Word, Excel, Access & Powerpoint), database design, web navigation and basic design, email
- Familiar with following Rutgers University applications: RIAS, ARS, Course Scheduling, Catalog Updating, RutAdmin/IMS, Admissions, RULink, Drnpal Content Management Administration (for GSE website).
Posting Number: 19TM1554
Department: Grad Sch of Edu-Dean's Office
Position Status: Part Time
Hours Per Week: 10 - 19.5
Daily Work Shift: Day
Position Salary: $15.00-30.00/hr
Payroll Designation: PeopleSoft
Terms of Appointment: Temporary Staff Appointment - Hourly
Posting Open Date: 07/16/2019
Posting Close Date: 08/27/2019
Open Until Filled: No
Regional Campus: Rutgers University-New Brunswick
Home Location Campus: College Ave (RU-New Brunswick)