- Posted: over a month ago
Monday-Friday (7am-4pm), Saturdays (7am-noon), Sundays (CLOSED!)
Full-time benefits eligibility (40 hours per week, bi-weekly pay periods) with potential overtime
To tell you who we are, let’s start with who we’re not. We’re not one of those power equipment dealers that treat customers like the next numbered sale. We’re not that parts and service center that forgets the true meaning of service. And we're definitely not that big box store with a limited supply of on-the-job expertise. Russo Power Equipment is the premier power equipment and landscape supply dealer with seven facilities located throughout the Chicagoland area. Our newest location is just west of Milwaukee, Wisconsin!
Russo Power prides itself in having honest, hard-working people that put their boots on and their best foot forward to create an authentic and diverse company culture for over 50 years.
Will you be the newest member to join our POWERful team?!
The main responsibility of the Maintenance Specialist is to manage all repairs, maintenance requests, and work orders. Repair orders may include, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, appliances, carpentry, painting, and drywall. Our ideal candidate has excellent time management skills, possesses the ability to follow directions, and has great communication skills. Candidates must own their own set of tools in order to qualify for the position.
- Complete repairs, maintenance requests, and work orders in a timely and efficient manner
- Assess and repair issues including electrical, plumbing, HVAC, appliances, and interiors
- Performs preventative maintenance tasks as assigned
- Conduct interior and exterior rounds to ensure the proper functioning of systems and equipment, the structural integrity of buildings, the condition of grounds etc.
- Completes tracking forms that measure costs of labor and parts
- Estimates the cost of jobs
- Follow Russo Power’s safe work practices
- Maintain a safe work environment by performing housekeeping duties
- Any additional duties related to the Schiller Management department assigned by management
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Able to interpret documents such as procedure manuals, schematics, charts, diagrams etc.
- Able to use precision measuring devices
- Able to perform work in a professional manner and perform all assigned duties timely
- Able to work independently and follow direction
- Must be able to demonstrate reliability and dependability among the Schiller Maintenance team
Credentials and Experience:
- Must own tools and have a reliable transportation
- 3-5 years of experience in a maintenance-related position
- Previous plumbing, electrical, HVAC, carpentry, painting and drywall repairs are required
- Bilingual is a plus!!
- Employee must possess the ability to lift, carry, push and pull materials and objects weighing between 40-50lbs
- Required to bend, stoop, kneel, reach and climb to perform work
- May be required to stand, walk and use hands-fingers for long periods of time
- Flexible scheduling (Open Saturdays till noon, closed Sundays!)
- Paid time off
- Paid vacation
- Overtime opportunity
- Major medical- BlueCross BlueShield
- Vision and dental coverage
- 401(k) employer match contribution- WE MATCH 100%
- FREE company apparel
- Wellness programs
- Professional development opportunities
- Employee discount
Russo Hardware, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Russo Hardware, Inc. complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Russo Power Equipment
AddressSchiller Park, IL
Real EstateView all jobs at Russo Power Equipment