Logistics Driver Tier 2
- Posted: over a month ago
Monday-Friday (7am-4pm), Saturdays (7am-noon), Sundays (CLOSED!)
Full-time benefits eligibility (40 hours per week, bi-weekly pay periods) with potential overtime
To tell you who we are, let’s start with who we’re not. We’re not one of those power equipment dealers that treat customers like the next numbered sale. We’re not that parts and service center that forgets the true meaning of service. And we're definitely not that big box store with a limited supply of on-the-job expertise. Russo Power Equipment is the premier power equipment and landscape supply dealer with seven facilities located throughout the Chicagoland area. Our newest location is just west of Milwaukee, Wisconsin!
Russo Power prides itself in having honest, hard-working people that put their boots on and their best foot forward to create an authentic and diverse company culture for over 50 years.
Will you be the newest member to join our POWERful team?!
The main responsibility of a driver is to ensure the safe and reliable delivery of all orders on his/her truck in a manner that meets the customer’s expectations while remaining a good diplomat of Russo Power Equipment to all other drivers on the road and customers.
- The Driver is obligated to maintain the Municipal/State Laws in any region that he/she may be required to deliver to. This may include, but is not limited to:
- Speed limits, seat belt requirements, truck weight restrictions, street weight restrictions, proper securing of all loads, etc.
- To check and double-check all loads prior to delivery to ensure two things:
- The load is secured in a manner that will ensure safe travel to its destination,
- The load contains all items that are in the sales orders/invoices on his/her route for that delivery.
- Maintain a friendly and open relationship with all customers upon delivery so that Russo Power Equipment’s goals of unparalleled customer service may be met at all points of interaction with the customer.
- Other tasks as defined by management
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent customer service skills
- The ability to take direction and think on your feet
- The ability to convey information clearly and effectively
- Valid State Driver’s License
- Ability to lift heavy objects (40-50 pounds)
- Bilingual, English/Spanish is a plus
Credentials and Experience:
- Previous truck driving experience preferred
- C-class required
- Employee must possess the ability to lift, carry, push and pull materials and objects weighing between 40-50lbs
- Required to bend, stoop, kneel, reach and climb to perform work
- Crouch and squat for pre-and post-trip inspections
- Enter and exit equipment by stepping and kneeling
- Pass a DOT physical and drug test
- May be required to stand, walk and use hands-fingers for long periods of time
- Flexible Scheduling (Open Saturdays till noon, closed Sundays!)
- Paid time off
- Paid vacation
- Overtime opportunities
- Major medical- BlueCross BlueShield
- Vision and Dental- Principal
- Group term life insurance- BlueCross BlueShield
- 401(k) employer match contribution- WE MATCH 100%
- FREE company apparel
- Wellness programs
- Professional development opportunities
- Employee discounts
Russo Hardware, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Russo Hardware, Inc. complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Russo Power Equipment
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Russo Power Equipment
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?