Production Supervisor-2nd Shift
- Posted: over a month ago
- $50,000 to $60,000 Yearly
- Benefits: vision, dental, medical,
This job requires a college degree or its equivalent along with three to five years’ experience in understanding production flow and procedures. Lean Mfg. and SAP knowledge. Problem solving support, able to help resolve problems. Must have good leadership skills, verbal communication skills and be able to work with a variety of people. Strong computer knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook (including Email and Calendar functions) and Excel along with some technical skills required.
Responsible for the daily supervision of production employees and activities.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Responsible for the supervision and performance management of production employees. Makes non-routine decisions within established precedent considering objectives under limited supervision. Manages between 25-50 employees, which may be occasionally higher based on business fluctuations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for training, instruction, directing and admonishing of employee performance while maintaining good employee relations. Explain and enforce company policies, rules, and regulations.
- Responsible for monitoring and acting on key performance indicators (KPIs) and work scheduling in specific operations and with other Production Supervisors.
- Suggestions for additional labor resources as needed while communicating with other Production Supervisors and Production Managers. Recommend employees for transfer, promotions, discharges, and wage changes.
- CI Ideas, supporting and acting on continuous improvement suggestions in quality, productivity, and on-time completion of production orders. Continuously look for ways to develop oneself, your team, and the processes in your area with cooperation with supporting departments.
- Supports 5S+1, Safety: Lead by example by following and enforcing safe operating practices and keeping work area in a clean and orderly condition
- Supportive when needed to supervise other groups or all groups when backups are necessary, which requires having a thorough understanding of each step in the production process.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Russell TobinWhy Work Here?