Our client, the world's largest agriculture and grain corporation, is seeking a Laboratory Technician to join their team in Plymouth!
* Prepare and pour Agar plate stocks
* Prepare and aliquot glycerol stocks
* Prepare and aliquot antibiotic stocks
* Prepare trace mineral and vitamin stocks
* Prepare chemical stocks
* Collection and disposal of microbial waste streams
* Assisting scientists with specific project needs
* Sample collection (off hour)
* Simple sample analytics (Optical density, pH, Biochemical Analyzer)
* Maintain and calibrate sample processing equipment (pH meter, Biochemical analyzer, Spectrophotometer)
Skills and Qualifications:
*Familiar with basic laboratory practices and equipment such as pH meters, analytical balances, and autoclaves
*Understands and complies with the priority of EHS in laboratory environment.
*Multitasking, High level of communication, Organization and prioritization,
Must have either an Associates or Bachelors degree in discipline such as: biology or any other scientific background.