Our client, a global sports, entertainment, and lifestyle-marketing agency with expertise in creating connections between brands, properties, talent, and consumers, is seeking a Senior Art Director / Associate Creative Producer to join their team in Los Angeles!
Currently hiring for an Associate Brand Creative Director working on-site in Los Angeles, your primary function is to ensure that your team of creatives produce consistently visionary work. You will collaborate with a team of Art Directors, Copywriters and Designers and report progress to the Group CD in NYC. You will be constantly looking for ways to raise the standard of our output across multiple simultaneous projects. You will still be involved in the ideation, creation and delivery of campaigns but that comes second to your ability to magnify the greatness and the abilities of others. You inspire creativity in your team and you motivate and organise them every day.
You are an expert in most areas of creative marketing, but your craft is especially sharp in the activation channels of experiential and digital marketing.
This role will see you partnering with the Account Lead and lead the existing team of designers, nurture their strengths, and inspire their output. This role will also see you partnering with the broader account team, ensuring the creative agenda is being fulfilled, as well as carrying the responsibility of creative advisor to your client.
Partnering with Accounts: The accounts team own the relationship with retainer clients. A relationship that more often than not has been years in the making. They live and breath their clients’ brand, and so you too must quickly become an expert in this clients structure, divisions, channels of distribution, idiosyncrasies as well as the broader company objectives, goals and values. The sooner you achieve this, the sooner you can begin working collaboratively with accounts instead of merely servicing them.
The Creative Agenda: Investing heavily in Creative services and capabilities. Our ambition is to become as renowned for Creative work as we are for Sport Consultancy work. This journey will only be made possible through a relentless commitment to quality of thinking and of execution. You will be responsible for the delivery of fresh, evocative and persuasive ideas and campaigns that are expertly produced, and you will only achieve this by being an active guardian to the sacred tenets of creativity: time to concept, time to craft and time to critique.
Creative advisor to client: This is the role you must make for yourself. You will achieve this by owning the creative agenda and building trust campaign by campaign. The client should ultimately see you as an integral voice in their creative decision-making process. When you present an idea, it is always entertained. And you do not create work merely to placate a client’s creative expectations, but instead to push their brand to new, bigger and better horizons.
• You can spot a great creative idea from even the roughest sketch on the most coffee-stained post-it note, and you understand how to nurture that idea and make make it great.
• The overall responsibility and accountability for the creative output of allocated clients is yours. This also applies to all jobs that are out-sourced.
• You have a good idea what makes the perfect brief. So you’ll be perfect to help raise standards by coaching account handlers on Creative Brief writing.
• Ideas that push the envelope should push your presentation skills. A winning combination of confidence and intelligence will help you sell great work internally and to clients.
• You are a quality-control freak, and you pass this on to the rest of your team so that they embrace the same seek-and-destroy mentality towards mistakes.
• You understand the landscape for client’s business/sector as well as the industry contexts for their investments as well as their brand values, direction and big picture objectives.
• You monitor ongoing creative trends within sports, entertainment, lifestyle and in culture, to offer relevant creative recommendations.
• You maintain positive relationships with clients to encourage new creative opportunities.
• From time to time, you may take on specialized roles or projects to assist the team such as working directly with third party vendors or partner agencies to execute client programs.
• Manage work plans, client timeline expectations, partner and vendor relationships, and anticipate challenges across various entities to ensure flawless execution.
• You are a champion of the collaborative approach. Help the agency work more closely with the client and encourage your team to build relationships with account handlers.
• Use forward thinking initiative to identify the next best opportunities and continue to deliver top results to the client and fulfill the Creative agenda.
• Think daily about business development and new revenue opportunities with existing and potential clients. Contribute to new client pitches and play a role in responding to RFPs.
• 7+ years relevant experience with minimum 2 years of direct experience in managing creative accounts and project management.
• Proven skills required to create, maintain, and enhance customer relationships.
• Innate curiosity, proactive thinking and ability to think creatively when planning strategy, taking into account client objectives, key insights, and practical parameters.
• Well-developed analytical and problem solving skills.
• Possess exceptional communication skills, both orally and in writing.
• Hands-on, design-forward process
• Superior interpersonal skills and ability to create a rapport with people.
• Strong attention to detail and highly organized.
• Must be able to multi-task and be flexible enough to react under stressful circumstances.
• Prior experience and/or knowledge in sports, music, and entertainment are beneficial.
• Proficiency with Adobe Creative suite, PowerPoint, Keynote