Our client, a leading manufacturer of power sport vehicles, is looking to add a talented UX Designer to their growing team.
As a User Experience Designer, you will work with product teams to analyze and optimize user-centered designs and workflows in support of programs of major importance for each of our digital properties. You will lead and support evidence-based experience design to bring to life strategies, applications, and user interface platforms across the Polaris ecosystem.
- Optimize the user journey(s) through data analysis, testing, surveys, etc
- Work with Analytics to ensure strategy & design are based on data
- Develop prototypes and test plans to support learning & validation
- Create site and page designs, leveraging a design system and brand assets for consumer facing solutions.
- Develop ideas into creative design solutions based on digital strategy practices.
- Create presentations for review by management and various internal clients.
- Work iteratively to optimize past designs, working and reworking flows, page designs and UI to eliminate all friction from the experience.
- Present design concepts and represent design principles when making recommendations to complementary business groups.
- Work closely with marketing and development teams to connect the site build with the business need.
- Be a subject matter expert in best practices for visual and interaction design in responsive, mobile, native and enterprise environments.
- Your role will involve working both collaboratively and independently to make user-centric creative decisions on how to best present functionality and content across a variety of experiences.
- Create world-class user solutions (including interfaces and visual designs) from concept to execution for desktop solutions, web-based products and mobile applications.
- Handle major new projects in parallel, organize and manage assignments in an agile manner in support of business plans, organizational plans and Polaris’ reputation and brand strategy.
- Participate in UX design workshops with stakeholders, build high-fidelity interactive prototypes, and conduct concept testing/usability testing and produce reports.
- Create and/or translate wireframes into visual designs that are visually engaging, simple and intuitive.
- Convey design ideas in tangible forms like concepts and annotated comps. Communicate design concepts effectively, build consensus, and justify decisions.
- Develop visual and interaction design languages and systems including layouts, grids, photography, iconography, UI elements and others.
- Apply visual language to the design of web interfaces and mobile applications for variety of devices with different screen sizes, aspect ratios and pixel densities.
- Willingness to be fearless about driving new ideas, and finding beautiful and powerful ways to communicate them.
- Work directly with Business partners and Product Owners to capture creative goals, opportunities, and branding standards.
- A Bachelor level university/college degree in graphic design, visual communications, industrial design, design strategy or equivalent degree.
- 3-5+ years Experience working experience in user experience design, visual design, or similar role including designing solutions for desktop, web and mobile applications on variety platforms.
- Experience with agile/scrum environments
- Using standard discipline-focused software tools (Adobe Creative Cloud, Sketch, Axure, and related applications)
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- General Understanding of the development required to fulfill coding of designed experiences
- B.S. in Design, Visual Communications, or a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with creating web-based products, mobile applications for iOS and Android.
- Excellent visual design skills, layout, typography, and colors.
- Ability to create design prototypes in Adobe Xd, Sketch, Invision, Axure or mobile platforms.
- Experience working collaboratively with other product owners and engineers in a variety of settings and strong communication skills with the ability to articulate positions and advocate designs.
Russell Tobin & Associates