Russell Tobin & Associates Waterbury, CT
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
A family owned Commercial Real Estate Firm is looking for a Senior Accountant to join their team. The firm has been established for over 20 years and has over 2 million square feet in commercial office space in the greater Connecticut area.
Qualifications and Responsibilities:
- Prepares operating data and special reports, as required, including interim and year-end financial statements.
- Maintains the company's system of accounts and keeps books and records, including filing systems on all company transactions and assets.
- Coordinates and administers, as an integral part of management, an adequate plan for the control of administration including cash management, programs for receivable and expense standards, together with necessary controls and procedures to effectuate the plan.
- Monitors daily deposits and bank balances to ensure proper income and cash controls
- Reports and interprets the results of operations to all levels of management and maintains regular and effective communication and data sharing with management and operational teams.
- Assist in analyzing operating performance to ensure continuous improvement with respect to purchasing, labor, and other cost control areas.
- Responsible to complete annual budget preparation and reforecasting with the MRI system.
- Maintains reporting practices and systems, including network systems, to improve performance.
- Maintains constant service focus and always exhibits professionalism when interacting with others.
- Performs and/or controls all A/R and A/P, to ensure conformity to established policies and procedures and to facilitate data control and retrieval of records generated by these activities.
- 5+ Years of experience
Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
Excellent problem-solving; detailed; analytical, technical, IT and numerical abilities are crucial.
Works well independently; fast paced and with a sense of urgency.
Able to set priorities in changing environments and complete them on a timely basis.