Title: Legal Support Resources Supervisor
Location: New York, New York
Summary: Our client, a TOP law firm in the U.S., is currently seeking a Legal Support Resources Supervisor for its New York City office. This individual will be responsible for the oversight of the Legal Secretaries and Legal Support Assistant program at the firm’s NY office. Responsibilities will include assignment monitoring and reallocation, coordinating with attorneys in terms of employee absences, and consult regularly with attorneys and members of various teams that work product and needs are being met. This is a full time, direct hire opportunity offering a competitive salary and benefits package!
· Coordinate daily workflow of all legal secretaries and legal support assistants, including redistribution of work among desks as needed.
· Advise attorneys of absences and backup plans in secretary or assistant’s absence.
· Consult regularly with attorneys to determine whether their needs are being met on a continuing basis.
· Act as a liaison between secretaries and assistants, attorneys and the Manager of Legal Support Services on employee relations issues.
· Assess work performance, follow-up on performance issues on a regular basis; provide evaluations.
· Oversee temporary/floater secretaries assigned to desks.
· Monitor attendance/punctuality.
· Assist with technical issues.
· Continuously monitor desk assignments and readjust as needed.
· Monitor the floor environment (i.e. file allocation, maintenance/condition of desks and work areas, etc.).
· Assist in the coordination of departmental moves.
· Interview new secretaries and assistants as needed and closely follow performance of new hires
· Bachelor’s degree required.
· 5-8 years of experience in a professional services environment such as a law firm, financial services company, etc.
· At least 2 years of supervisory experience, supervising at least 10 or more individuals.
· Excellent organizational and multitask skills.
· Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work with different personalities.
· Ability to work well under pressure and resolve problems quickly.
· Ability to respond quickly and accurately to all requests and assignments.
· Work overtime when necessary.