Title: Legal Administrative Assistant
Location: New York City, NY
Summary: Our client, a top 50 law firm, is currently seeking a Legal Assistant for its New York City office. This person will provide administrative, legal secretarial, and/or clerical support to assigned Partners within the firm’s Corporate Practice Group. This is a permanent position with the firm with a competitive salary and annual bonus potential! This is a great opportunity for a fairly recent college grad or a young legal professional!
- Create, edit, format and produce Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents as needed according to the firm’s standards
- Provide assistance with ongoing projects to ensure consistency and accuracy
- Provide telephone coverage to assigned/backup lawyers
- Create new business forms and files as required
- Complete and submit expense forms and check requests in a timely manner as required
- Arrange for travel, seminars, conferences, etc. as needed
- Manage lawyer calendar appointments for client meetings, conference calls, etc.
- Assist with time entries and billing as needed
- Perform routine administrative tasks, such as printing, scanning, copying messenger service, etc.
- Work as part of secretarial floor teams to provide assistance to all lawyers
- Provide overflow support as needed
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 2 years of legal experience
- Ability to maintain confidentiality dealing with sensitive information and client matters
- Flexibility and willingness to work on various assignments, with various attorneys and staff, including overtime as needed
- Ability to maintain composure in a high-pressure, fast paced environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently and work independently
- Ability to quickly and proactively identify and analyze problems, develop solutions and deliver results
- Mastery of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint), comfort with technology and ability to learn new software and applications
- Familiarity with time and billing software
- Positive and proactive attitude
- Knowledge of document management system
If interested and to learn more, apply today!