Our client, one of the largest clinical laboratory networks in the world, is seeking a Laboratory Technologist to join their team in Shelton!
- Performs tests and analyses in an entry level capacity according to established testing procedures in designated technical department. Gains knowledge of department procedures and operations.
- Administrative: Answer telephones, maintain logs/records, organizational skills, proficiency with numbers, research information, time management, train employees, use computerized databases, written and verbal communications.
- Perform all technical grossing procedures required to process and submit specimens for microscopic review as per standard operating procedures under the indirect and direct supervision of pathologists.
- Operate and maintain automated tissue processors, performs tissue embedding, Cryostat sectioning, operate and maintain tissue embedding units, Operate and maintain H&E stainers, IHC stainers, special stains stainers and coverslipping units, perform manual coverslipping.
- Provide recut preparation for microtomy and slide organization to perform case compilation for pathology.
- Quality control completed cases.
- Scan cases out of the lab to pathology, maintain log books, and be familiar with location of stored specimens.
- Locate specimens and pulls from various departments as requested, paraffin block filing, lab document archiving, prepare and discard chemical reagents such as reagent alcohols.
- Perform safety checks in lab.
- Work with chemicals such as Xylene, Alcohols, Formaldehyde, etc.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Laboratory experience preferred
- AS or BA preferred
- High School Diploma required