Our client, an American privately held global food corporation, is seeking a Laboratory Technician to join their team in Eddyville, IA!
Conducts routine quantitative ad qualitative inspections on raw material, in-process and final products; NIR calibration development and maintenance; Support of trials and experiments under the supervision of more senior team members. Entry of data into databases and communication of results verbally or in writing as required. Communicating specification results to internal customers. Release of product meeting prescribed guidelines.
Performance of calibration checks, preventative maintenance tasks, and simple repair to analytical instrumentation.
Perform miscellaneous job duties as assigned such as; additional sampling and testing as requested, maintaining the food safety management system, solution preparation, sensory preparation, inventory management for lab supplies, and cleaning of lab areas.
- Min. High School/GED with Min 1 year experience
- Flexible, able to work nights, holidays, and weekends as required
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Must be able to walk, sit, or stand for extended periods
- Able to navigate safely in an industrial environment (e.g., ladders, stairs, stationary and moving industrial equipment)
- Ability to adapt and learn in a changing work environment.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Microsoft Office Suite experience.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Demonstrated strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to balance and achieve positive results in the areas of food safety, safety, quality, productivity, cost, and employee relations.
- Associate’s Degree in Science field
- Understanding of basic sciences and analytical techniques
Russell Tobin & Associates