Title: Financial Analyst
Targeted Start date: ASAP
Length of assignment: 6 months, possible extension
Location: SF (Will need to be in office if extended and carries through when offices reopen).
Schedule: Hours per week: 40 hours max, no OT
- Financial modeling - you have worked in complex, dynamic modeling environments. Analytical support - Support planning, forecasting, and business partnering with models and detailed analysis Analyze variances between actuals, forecast, and plan use insights to iterate on forecasts and create action
- Work closely with accounting to provide input on management reporting needs and better understand our actuals
- Manual consolidation of data from multiple systems into crisp & well-organized executive reports & presentations frequently
- Routinely perform complex financial analysis to determine budget vs actuals in multiple spend categories
- Review purchase requisitions and orders for accuracy
- Monthly, quarterly, & YTD forecasting based on financial trends such as contractor headcount spend and budget vs actuals reporting
- Monthly forecast changes (G&A and capital expenses) and create various forecasting
- Provide visibility and impact of MoM/QoQ variances within all IT Eng cost centers signaling stakeholders data driven decisions.
- Verify data quality and analyze reporting figures
- Highly analytical with proficiency in MS Excel & Google sheets, and experience with data manipulation skills (Vlookup, Conditional formatting, Formulas, Pivot Tables, Query, etc.)
- 2-3 year of experience purchasing and being a part of a technical organization
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks — excellent at prioritization, planning,and working with peers in a cross-functional setting.
- Sense of urgency in solving problems, working with stakeholders, and data requests
- Meticulous and detailed oriented
- Demonstrated competence with financial systems such as Coupa & Oracle
- Demonstrated knowledge of generally accepted accounting, fiscal and reporting principles
Russell Tobin & Associates