Billing/Document Specialist (remote)
Russell Tobin & Associates San Antonio, TX
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Our Client is looking for CSR/Document Specialist (Remote)
- Doc Collections Specialist position qualifies physician related documentation based on third party payers’ requirements.
- Acts as the liaison between internal and external customer, third-party payer to ensure the order meets regulatory and payer requirements.
- Obtain and analyze required documentation for clean billing of claims.
- Analyze and prioritize work list based on departmental inflows and to minimize pre-billing write offs.
- Quality check of initial order release to ensure third party payer and coverage criteria is met
- Review and analyze payer specific requirements and coverage criteria to determine required documentation and accurate payer criteria.
- Conduct in depth review of clinical documentation (medical records, prescriptions, operative reports, history and physicals) based on payer specific coverage criteria.
- Call customer or field personnel to obtain missing documentation required for billing. Could include home health agencies, patients, hospital/facilities, physicians.
- Build support and maintain patient, physician, and third-party payer loyalty and to increase the number of orders through enhanced customer services, customer relationship management, and technology utilization.
- Provides a high level of customer service in a competitive market.
- Acts as a resource for Sales and other cross functional departments to provide billing status and any other information.
- Participates in all reasonable work activities deemed suitable and assigned by management.
- Conforms to, supports and enforces all Company policies and procedures.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Demonstrated customer service skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and email.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with all employees and external business contacts while conveying a positive, service-oriented attitude.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment, as well as independently.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion in business relationships and exercise sound business judgment.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Satisfactory completion of all training programs.
- Two or more years of related healthcare experience.
- Call center experience.
- Some college course work completed.
- Requires repetitive keyboarding over 95% of the time and phone usage 60% of the time.
- Works with moderate work direction, and can identify issues/problems but may need assistance in resolving.
- Worker processes orders, prepares correspondence, and fulfills customer needs to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Works under immediate supervision.
- Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment.
- Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.